World Cup for England ?

dinners

In Memoriam
Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
So we'll find out very shortly whether England will be hosting the 2018 football World Cup.......

delay! surprise surprise!

I so hope we get it but can't help thinking that Fifa have always had it in for us.

couldnt care less to be honest.. i doubt i will join the circus of togs trying to make money shooting it.. will be mad mad madness.

I'm watching it here

couldnt care less to be honest..

Me too I am afraid, the whole "game" is corrupt and dishonest and a few are paid stupid money for what in the real world are pretty useless skills.

Seems to me the country that wins will have bribed the Fifa officials the most......total crap.

yep, at least we're having some practice weather lol

Seems strange Putin didn't bother to turn up....did he know something we didn't.

wonder if Putin and Abramovich put a bet on at the bookies?

Well...2022 should be a good one. 2018 is going to be expensive for photographers going out there. Expect taxi fares to be sky high and bribes a-plenty for police and officials over there.

Best get saving now for my insurance cover. 2014 in Brazil was going to be bad enough with the crime/drug lords/kidnappers etc.

Well...2022 should be a good one. 2018 is going to be expensive for photographers going out there. Expect taxi fares to be sky high and bribes a-plenty for police and officials over there.

Best get saving now for my insurance cover. 2014 in Brazil was going to be bad enough with the crime/drug lords/kidnappers etc.

damn why didnt i take the protection course could of had a free holiday lol

oh yeah £5000 pfft i see why though lol

damn why didnt i take the protection course could of had a free holiday lol

oh yeah £5000 pfft i see why though lol

To be fair, I'm quite happy not to have the WC in 2018 here.

Part of the fun of covering major tournaments is travelling the world and seeing new cultures and a different outlook on the game.

WC2018 in England would've been like photographing 100+ Premier League games in a month.

Qatar 2022 pictures will have a lot of rubbish backgrounds with the thousands of empty seats.

Qatar 2022 pictures will have a lot of rubbish backgrounds with the thousands of empty seats.

Not a chance...realistic pricing structure and they're a bit keen on the Premier League...plus they've hosted games over there before.

They also have the AFC championships this year. They do go in for it quite a lot...

Reckon it could be hugely popular.

I might be wide of the mark here but with a population of only 1.7 million I can't see every game being full, not even with the travelling support.

Qatar is hardly a huge tourist destination, they have a lot of work to do between now and then in my opinion. They probably can and will do it though- they have the time and the money, we'll see.

Last edited:
It occurred to me to wonder what would happen if a lot of countries (UK, other Europeans) decided they'd had enough of FIFA and its nonsense and pulled out? What would happen to the world cup then? The whole thing seems like a complete farce.

There's a piece in the news about Qatar holding the WC in January when the temperatures are lower. That will not be popular with the leagues, I imagine.

Back