World Heritage Foundation - Brilliant day.

Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
Having booked a few days off work, I decided to go on a photography day at the Wildlife Heritage Foundation in Kent. A long drive from Cheshire, but well worth it.
Extremely helpful staff and amazing animals. Being so close to some of the huge lions and tigers makes your hairs stand on end! (y)

Just few from the day.

C&C more than welcome.

8079250305_9cdd54c41d_b.jpg

8079250035_7638dfcc34_c.jpg

8079250453_e31981f0f2_c.jpg

8079243836_4829849cbf_c.jpg

8079250599_2936220d08_c.jpg

Thanks for looking. (y)

Gareth

Last edited:
Hi Gareth,

great set. I had the opportunity to go there and it's a wonderful set up. Shame about the sad news recently though :(

Love #3. I have a similar shot from Bristol zoo and yours looks even more regal. I love the way theyir nostrils make a little love heart from the side!

Gary

Hi Gareth,

Excellent set, love how sharp the eyes are and the DOF.

Really nice set I like the first one, I went a couple of years ago and had a great day

Shame about the sad news recently though :(

What news was that?

Fab set. Number 1 is my favourite with the Lion coming in a close second.

brilliant ! how on earth did you do that ?

I had a play around with the levels to darken the image, masked the lion out and tweaked it here and there with the burn tool. It needs doing properly as there are a few light places here and there that need tidying up.

Cracking set of images, and yep, its well worth a visit.

Phil

Thanks Phil. I take it you've done the photography day there before?

Isn't it an amazing place? Those lions can be such tarts for a camera lol.
I live about 20 minutes from this place and have been a to open days....but one day...one day I will have the money for a photography day and just say yeah soddit...I'm gonna do that.

Your shots are corkers...I'm green with envy :)

Isn't it an amazing place? Those lions can be such tarts for a camera lol.
I live about 20 minutes from this place and have been a to open days....but one day...one day I will have the money for a photography day and just say yeah soddit...I'm gonna do that.

Your shots are corkers...I'm green with envy :)

Thanks Ruth. You should definitely book in this place for a day with the camera, especially living so close. I'd go again, but it's a 4 hour drive from mine and with petrol costs these days it's an expensive day out. :(

I had a play around with the levels to darken the image, masked the lion out and tweaked it here and there with the burn tool. It needs doing properly as there are a few light places here and there that need tidying up.

Thanks Phil. I take it you've done the photography day there before?

Gareth

I went a couple of years ago with some forum members, and had a great time, but its a long way for me in Newcastle, but well worth the trip, amazing to get so close.

And again, great set of images

Phil

A cracking set of images, 1 & 3 are my faves, definately going to add that place to my wishlist...

Thanks Carl. It's definitely worth a visit, even if you're not taking photos. I found myself just looking at the animals some of the time in awe as you can't really get much closer. (y)

Back