World Series by Renault Silverstone 2011

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys, I know im late posting up these pictures from an event that was in July this year, but this is the first oppertunity I have had to be able to go through my pictures since then.

This is also my first lot of pictures that I have posted up on these forums and so I am looking for any advice that anyone can offer to me.

All these images are 'as original' and have not been touched in anyway other then to resize them as per the forums rules.

I feel these are my best pics of the weekend, but please feel free to comment as I would love to be able to improve my pictures!

Cheers
Chris

IMG_4096-1.jpg

IMG_3875-1.jpg

IMG_3878-1.jpg

IMG_4207-1.jpg

IMG_4087-1.jpg

**Mod message**
over sized images broken to links.
Please re-size to no more than 1024 on the longest side thanks

Last edited:
The first thing is that you need to resize these to no longer than 1024px on the longest edge as per the forum rules (y)

The first one is really nice but could do with being cropped a little closer (y) the last one is nice but I think compositionally I would have preferred for you not to have cut through some of the trailing cars :shrug:

The others for me they are spoilt by the fencing :shrug:

Welcome to the forum :wave:

Matt
MWHCVT

Hi and welcome to TP. I like number one the best i went silverstone that weekend. I found the fencing a pain.

Hi, I was their too for the Sunday. I've always struggled a little for Silverstone, mine from the day are here. This thread is worth a look for some inspiration next time you visit.

I think all the shots could do with a little processing to lift them.

Here is just a tweak to the first, lifted the shadows a crop and a light sharpen.

IMG_4096.jpg

Cheers for your advice guys.

Matt, all the images l linked to are only 1024x683, I thought that would be acceptable as the max size along the longest edge is 1024?
I shall resize them to 800 just to make sure anyway.

Kevin, I too found the fencing to be a pain, I tended to find myself behind it whenever I could get close enough to the track. I don't particularly like the fencing in the shots, but, ignoring it they were my best car shots.
I see plenty of other people shooting from behind the catch fencing at tracks and I have asked a few of them how they manage to shoot without the fence appearing in the final image and none of them seem to be able to tell me, they just shoot and the fencing doesn't really show in the final image.

Colt, thanks for the links, I shall look through those.
I didn't perform any processing on the images, as tbh I have no idea about that at all yet.
Thanks for what you have done to that first image though! Looks much better, I had never even noticed the smudge or whatever it is in the bottom left corner of my original image.

Cheers
Chris

OK, I have resized them to 800x600 or there and abouts on photobucket now, replacing the original, but my first post still shows them as being 1024? whats up with that?

EDIT: Sorted it out now, deleted them from photobucket, and re-uploaded them.

Last edited:
Back