Worrying new burglary threat !

That is quite frightening and the lock industry needs to start addressing this problem urgently. I'm not suggesting everyone starts sitting up all night with the shotgun, but it's something we should take seriously... this will become commonplace practice with villains as it becomes more widely known about. I can see insurance companies not wanting to pay out if there's no evidence of a forced entry, and you might have the greatest difficulty convincing the cops you've had a burglary when you try to report it.

I have Yale locks front and back but I'm going to have to think seriously about replacing them.

There are many lock picking/hammering tools available on the net to anyone who wnts them, along with padlock shims that will defeat most hasp locks.

All the crooks needed to break into my 97 honda was screwdriver and a hammer.

It's easily done and any security will be defeated in the end, the crooks only have to be lucky once, to coin a phrase.

Its the fact this method leaves no evidence at all that worries me ! Insurance companies will refuse to pay out insurance claims if it cant be proved a break in occurred, they will just say you left the door open ! Like they need an excuse to get out of paying !

Woooh,. just watched the video. If it's true then it's prety serious stuff, some very clever application of physics.

If you can defeat bolts a quickly then it a bit of a killer app imho

Install an alarm system!

Back