worth getting a 14-45 for my g3 over the 14-42?

Edit My Images
No
I am contemplating getting the 14-45 for my panasonic g3 inplace of the 14-42, has anyone else done the same and can advise it as worthwhile?

I have both. There's no question that the 14-45 feels much nicer to operate, is more solid and it's a better investment if you get one at the right price.

I can't tell any differences between the images. I'm sure there are some hardcore pixel peepers who can.

The 14-45 is also a little noisier when auto focusing which might annoy you if you shoot video.

I have both. There's no question that the 14-45 feels much nicer to operate, is more solid and it's a better investment if you get one at the right price.

I can't tell any differences between the images. I'm sure there are some hardcore pixel peepers who can.

The 14-45 is also a little noisier when auto focusing which might annoy you if you shoot video.

thanks for the down to earth reply, video is a big use for me and the noisey focus would be a big concern.. I can live with the 14-42 not being as well built - yes the zoom is cluncky and certainly not smooth but as long as the image is no different to us normal people then I'll stick with it.

I think my money would be better spent on a Oly 45 and another lens.. maybe one with a longer focul range.

The 14-140 is a very nice lens. That's built like a Rolls Royce compared to the 14-42 and it's video optimised. They turn up used from £350 upwards.

very interesting.. that could fit the bill nicely... still a little pricey 2nd hand for me though. I'll check out some reviews.

Back