Worthwhile, or a complete watse of time?

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
No
I decided to venture out on Saturday evening to take a few sunset shots around Bradgate Park, Leics. but instead stopped at Groby Pool. So I parked up in the car park at around 5:15-5:30. I walked around for a good while, didn't think I had got many decent shots, and decided to head home.

By this time it was 6:30ish. I got back to the car and realised I was locked in the car park! A day and two taxi journeys later I had my car back and was left with the following shot (best of a bad bunch). If somebody could tell me this shot makes the whole thing worthwhile it would be much appreciated! But, honest comment and critique would be appreciated too!

Groby Pool by thills1988, on Flickr

The top half (2/3rds) of the image holds all the interest for me, I wonder whether the bottom half is surplus and could do with a crop?

Got to agree with Dan above. The grass is surplus to requirement, it brings nothing to the image and would be better with a crop, making it landscape like. I would have done an example, but you have your image editing crossed.

Overall though, I like the image, just a better one waiting to get out.

Give a it a crop, the fore ground is distracting from what is a good picture.

I personally like the whole image, but a crop at the bottom would look nice.
Its a fantastic shot :D

Definitly worth the hassle.

Speaking of which how annoying is it when our parks shut so early!!

p.s. can you tell us what stats the image was shot at?

I personally like the whole image, but a crop at the bottom would look nice.
Its a fantastic shot :D

Definitly worth the hassle.

Speaking of which how annoying is it when our parks shut so early!!

p.s. can you tell us what stats the image was shot at?

Most parks close at dusk, to prevent vandalism/cost of patrols/lack of visitors, who knows, maybe all of these. We have 6 within 10 mins and all close at dusk. That would fit in with the time the gates were locked on Sat for the OP.

a 12x5 crop from the top works for me :)
Nice

Most parks close at dusk, to prevent vandalism/cost of patrols/lack of visitors, who knows, maybe all of these. We have 6 within 10 mins and all close at dusk. That would fit in with the time the gates were locked on Sat for the OP.

I know its a pain, once i was in Birmingham, and it said dusk. By the time we realised and looked over at the entrance the ranger was locking the gate.

Luckily some guy drove up smiled at us held the padlock and it popped open :s
He saved my bacon!

Thanks for the comments and apologies for the slow reply. I'm on my phone at the moment but hopefully I can post a cropped version today.

The foreground was the bit of the image that I didn't like! I tried desaturating it amongst other things to make it less distracting but for some reason I didn't think of a crop!

I wish I was able to blame somebody else for the car park issue - but there was a sign up with the opening times! However, It was supposed to close at 4:30 and I arrived after that.

Back