Would a lens fit ?

Name
Andy Nye
Edit My Images
Yes
My father was a very keen airshow/weather photographer in the mid 1980's until he was left disabled and had to give up his passion, NOW yesterday I was at his house and he gave me his camera bag complete with a good mixure of len's.

for example there is a

SUNAGOR MINI ZOOM .... 70-200 mm f4.5 -5.6 one touch macro automatic zoom lens --- this is on a pentax screw.

would it be possible to get a lens convertor holder so this screw lens could be used with my NIKON D 40 ?

Thanks in advance

have a look on ebay, they seem to do a few different ones, i'm not sure about pentax fittings though, is it the same as 'K' mount or its predecessor?

Not sure TBH, but I would think that it would not be worth it - as you will certainly lose AF, metering etc and you can get a Nikon 55-200 same aperture for about £150 or so....

Still, might be nice to show your dad some pics you have taken with his lens...

It would be the M42 screw mount, not sure if there are adapters for Nikons I know there are for Canon

Not sure TBH, but I would think that it would not be worth it - as you will certainly lose AF, metering etc and you can get a Nikon 55-200 same aperture for about £150 or so....

Still, might be nice to show your dad some pics you have taken with his lens...

The D40 doesn't have AF ;)

I very much doubt if there will be an adapter for the M42 mount to go onto a nikon. The nikon mount aperture is just too small. :(

I've been trying to think of a really nice way to say that it probably wouldn't be worth it anyway but I'm not doing too well. The fact is, it's not a very nice lens and any modern sensor will bring out the worst it has to offer.

Really? Mine does... it just doesn't have a motor in the body.... Hence why you'll lose AF as in my 1st post, even if the lens is "AF"....:D:D

That's what i meant, you need a lens with AF to use AF, unlike the D70/ D80 etc which has the motor built into the body.

As said above, it really isn't worth using this lens on a DSLR, just buy a modern lens then tell your dad what good pictures you got with "his" lens, he'll be none the wiser and it'll make him feel good :)

Back