Would like recommendations for a Flash for a Nikon D3300 please

Edit My Images
Yes
As above,not studio shooting just general indoor photography and fill in flash ( not something I've done before but hope to learn)

thakyou very much for any help

With my old Nikon setup i had two Meike mk910 flashes which offered full ttl metering and never missed a beat. I still use them now but obviously the ttl is pointless since i now use Fuji. They're about £75 from ebay and amazon.

thank you guys,will have a look,the Yognuo's don't seem widely available as far as I can see.

thankyou will take a look,i like the size of the i40 :)

The Yognuo is a good price

Last edited:
also what about this for £70 ?

Jessops 3600 AFD Flashgun - Nikon Fit

This is an innovative designed electronic flashgun for both digital cameras and film cameras. The features are leading photography into digital era. Advanced technology is used in the flashgun to control the correct amount of light output.

Features

• Auto and manual zoom from 24-28-35-50-70-85-105mm
  • TTL metering and Wireless TTL with 3 channels and 3 groups
  • High Speed Sync
  • Automatic shutter speed setting
  • Red focus assist beam for low light focusing
  • 6 level of power ratio 1/1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 and 1/32
  • Flash readiness indication in viewfinder
  • Front and rear curtain synchronisation
  • Red eye reduction (for Nikon only)
  • Optical slave function
  • Power saving function
  • LC Display
  • Built-in reflecting plate and diffuser
  • Metal base foot mount (for C, N)

Specifications

• Guide Number (ISO 100) 45(m)/148(ft) at 105mm position
  • Wireless TTL Channel 1, 2, 3; Group A, B, C
  • High Speed Sync Yes
  • Manual Mode Power Output 1/1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32
  • Slave Mode Instant Sync (S0)
  • Motor zooming reflector 24 - 28 - 35 - 50 - 70 - 85 - 105 mm
  • Bounce Position 0o, 45o, 60o, 75o, 90o
  • Swivel Position Right 0o - 90o; Left 0o -180o
  • No. of flashes Approx. 150 times at manual full power output
  • Color Temperature Daylight
  • Recycling Time 0.5 - 9 seconds
  • Flash Duration 1/1,000 - 1/20,000 second
  • Power Source 4x 1.5V AA size alkaline batteries
  • Dimensions (W x L x H) Approx. 72 x 100 x 125 mm
  • Net Weight SPECIFICATIONS Approx. 270 grams (w/o batteries)

Reactions: RIR
Have a look on YouTube for reviews of the jessops flash and I'm sure you'll stay clear. They are made very cheaply and almost toy like.
By all means though go have a look at one and make your own mind up.

The nikon sb400 seems to get good reviews apart from no angked movement on it which seems strange

The SB400 is a great flash but only does bounce and won't act as a controller for other flashes, nice and small though.

It depends on what you're wanting to do with it but it isn't a substitute for a proper flash gun.

is it best to have manual and TTL, I've noticed good reviews of Neewer 560 manual flash for about £30 inc remote etc. i just want to use something other than the built in flash,nothing advanced

is it best to have manual and TTL, I've noticed good reviews of Neewer 560 manual flash for about £30 inc remote etc. i just want to use something other than the built in flash,nothing advanced

Best to have TTL if you don't want to get into anything advanced.

YN568EX is a great flash for the money.

The little nikon sb400 is a gem,I use it on a bracket for macro work with a £6 diffuser and either on or off camera for portrait/ fill flash. I've got bigger speed lights but because they're big and cumbersome seldom use them.

Hi Mark thanks,how would one get round the fact
it doesn't swivel horizontal,how would one get it to bounce of side wall etc.i liked the look of that but that put me off,I'm sure there must be a way because it seemed very popular?

Back