Would like some advice from wheelchair users...

Name
Colin
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Everyone..

Doing a little research & would like to hear from some of our wheelchair photographers (hoping I wasn't offensive with that term)

How do you mount your cameras when out & about? What problems do you have mounting to chair? Are there improvements?

Thanks Colin

Hey Colin I guess there's not too many wheelchair users on here, perhaps if you told us what it is restricts you that you need to use a mount ,at the moment I myself am looking at possibly a mobility scooter after an episode that has restricted my walking distance to only a few yards so I understand why your looking , keep me informed as to how you ger on .

@old git
Colin,

IIRC there are a few wheelchair user TP members but surmise in common with many TPers the festive season has reduced 'postings'. So hopefully the informed insight you seek will be forthcoming :)

In the meantime perhaps you might find some information of use at this website?

Hey Colin I guess there's not too many wheelchair users on here, perhaps if you told us what it is restricts you that you need to use a mount ,at the moment I myself am looking at possibly a mobility scooter after an episode that has restricted my walking distance to only a few yards so I understand why your looking , keep me informed as to how you ger on .
Thanks Derek & Box Brownie..

I was interested in understanding how wheelchair users mount or rest their lens while out shooting..

I'm not here to spam a product, earlier this year I launched a product, something I had made for myself & fell in love with it.
Since selling these we have found they are helping a lot of people with injuries, something I hadn't thought of when first designed.

My next thought was. are wheelchair users catered for, is there a good system already, or can we make something better...

Thanks Colin

@old git
Colin,

IIRC there are a few wheelchair user TP members but surmise in common with many TPers the festive season has reduced 'postings'. So hopefully the informed insight you seek will be forthcoming :)

In the meantime perhaps you might find some information of use at this website?
We might have plenty of time to chat... as my stand is opposite yours at the Photography Show..lol

We might have plenty of time to chat... as my stand is opposite yours at the Photography Show..lol
The charity website I linked is nothing to do with me personally.......so unfortunately it won't be me you will be chatting to ;)

Having said that, if your design has wide appeal to the disabled photographer community I surmise there would likely be interest from the DPS & those involved in/with it :thinking:

PS as you have developed a commercial product it perhaps does blur the lines 'talking about the details here' but maybe should the TP wheelchair users post to discuss.......going to PM might be more appropriate/acceptable?

PPS maybe a good idea to contact the admin team for their input?

Edit~ though not specifically germane to your question this thread included posts by some TP wheelchair users

Last edited:
Hi, I have limited mobility and started the thread linked too above,

I use my camera as normal; it is a small rangefinder with small lenses so have no problems with this, I would like a camera bag that is easily accessible and attaches to my wheelchair though.

Back