Would you as parents buy these?

Name
PHILIP
Edit My Images
No
Just thinking about some sportraits I shot a while ago and just wondered if you guys would buy these if they were of your son or daughter.

Selling images to parents is getting more and more difficult due to many thinking because they have a DSLR they can get the same shots themselves therefore devaluing the work of photographers.

My thinking with these is by offering something a little different parents may be willing to part with their hard earned cash.

I'm thinking of approaching local clubs and schools and offering some kind of package and just wondered what your feedback is on these.

Kieran-1-4.jpg

Kieran-3-3.jpg

Kieran-5-3.jpg

Kieran-6-3.jpg

Was also thinking of offering personalised ones too

posters-3.jpg

posters-1.jpg

Many Thanks (y)

I do wonder if Sports Portraits have been manufactured by the industry,i m not in the market but were i then I would prefer a shot of the sprog actually playing rather than these clever but contrived images

Thanks for your input Nigel.

This is what i need to get feedback on. Obviously the benefit of these kind of shots is you can have everyone lined up and shot very quickly (think I should have re phrased that lol)

Getting action shots is obviously much more difficult and cannot always guarantee getting a good shot of all the kids.

I'm sure some would love this style of shot for their kid, best selling point may be to show them to the parents when the kid was there. I doubt any young footballer would't want that on his wall/to show it off to his friends. They probably have loads of photo's of them playing a game and being surrounded by other random kids. It would probably be bragging rights to get a "Sky Sports" style shot.

I have just shot a kids Football team for their website and for the newspaper. Nice team group portrait, 14 single shots of each player and a few of the team in action. Went around the kids parents showing the results and they were impressed. Said to them I was prepared to print a group pic, individual shot and a shot of their son in action for a very small sum. They near enough all said "oh we were going to copy it off the team website and print it out at home". Felt a little deflated when they said that.
Never mind, my son as a brilliant framed pic of himself in the team. At least someone appreciated it.

Back to the topic, yes I would pay for a pic similer to that if I couldnt shoot a camera.

I really like them - strong lighting, moody, professional.... The ones with the club badge look very slick.

I suppose that when compared to those you can get from the local rag, or taken by 'average Joe' parents, these are a step above

Phil - they are smashing.

I did some a month ago at a karate club my kids used to go to. I did some like your first one and they loved and bought them.

But any of them would sell.

Phil - they are smashing.

I did some a month ago at a karate club my kids used to go to. I did some like your first one and they loved and bought them.

But any of them would sell.

Hi Rob :)

I'd love to see your Karate ones and also did you charge more for these than your usual actions photos.

Cheers

Phil

Teaching at the moment. Will come back to you later this evening.

Hi Phil,

Some Football teams are very interested in this but others have their own MWAC who knocks prints out at cost from Tesco or Asda print. Not a problem, but, most parents but not all,do not know the difference between a good image and a snap...consequently when they see your pricing they will laugh.

Selling them on the back of the action shots is the best way to go about this....also that way, you are covering two teams at the same time and more importantly networking yourself...It's so important to sell yourself as we'll as the images.

You need to do the numbers and see if they work for you.

Here's one for you Phil.

p1181138100-6.jpg

only number 3 for me but agree live action real shots will sell better

Back