NSFW Would you........

It's sad and shocking only one person reacted :(

I'm glad they told the lady what was happening though

Step in. I'm not being sexist here but fair enough if the woman who were watching didn't want to step in because they might get hurt. How often do you see women sticking up to men?... not often. Especially in a confined space like that where anything could happen. Fair play for the woman who did stand up to him though.

But what about the men in the video? F*king cowards and waste of space if you ask me! I've stepped in on quite a few fights I've seen in public and don't regret any of it. All it takes is a few minutes to help someone, Can you honestly say you can't spare that much time in your oh so busy day? If I see someone that needs help then I'm all for it. I might be in the minority that actually finds satisfaction in helping others or at least find some way to brighten their day up.

About this time last year I witnessed something similar to in the video. I got the man away from the woman and held him till the police came...after a good hit of course. Then about a week later I got a letter through the post from the woman explaining how grateful she was for my help and how long it had been going on. It wasn't till I went to put the envelope in the bin that some money fell out. Her just saying thank you at the time of the incident was enough, let alone the letter and money. Not heard/seen a thing from here since and no return address either.

Last edited:
I have mixed feelings about the situation as a neanderthal I would have had to say something BUT having been in a similar situation when I intervened, not physically, I was attacked by both of them.

I'd like to think I'd step in. Depends on whether if things got nasty if I could defend myself. I certainly would weigh up my own safety.

I recall once walking back from work. There were four guys outside a pub on the otherside of the road giving a guy a doing and kicking him in the head.

I did think about going over to break it up, but 4 vs me. I thought that'll be me next. I'm ashamed I didn't do something more proactive as I'd like someone to do the same for me but fear/ risk to yourself kicks in. I called the police

I remember many years ago I was working up in Inverness, and after a night out I was walking back to the Hotel with a friend when we saw 4 guys kicking the sh!t out of another guy.
We jumped in to help and he ran off leaving us fighting the 4 guys.

I intervened many moons ago in a public domestic assault and ended up attacked from the front by the bloke who was smacking his wife and his wife hit me with her shoe from behind.

It's the last time I've intervened but have phoned the police on a couple of occasions when witnessing it in Cardiff city centre.

I have been in two such situations and intervened both times. However if it was just drunken louts beating each other or blokes that look well matched I would leave them to it, its only when its a bloke beating up a woman that I have intervened, I figure any bloke beating up a woman isn't actually that hard!

True story - ex neighbour used to get somewhat physical with his girlfriend............ as in throwing things at her when she was holding their yr old baby.... Called the police on numerous occasions - who reacted in minutes, she still kept going back for more though... he used to threaten me for calling the police... was not scared of him, and somehow one evening, he kind of woke up in a ditch after staggeruing back from the pub (no involvement from me on that, but I know how and why it happened.)

Of course he went bleating to the police as to how he's been assaulted... I had two Bobbies come round asking me what I knew about it... "Erm, well probably lots, but hey ho, I wasn't there!!" One of them said "Nasty little ****, deserved all he got and more.!"

Current latest after bumping into solicitor in Tesco's the other week - she was prosecution for the housing association for house he had, he's having a nice holiday in the isle of wight for 6 yrs!

I'd have to step in ( I have a few times over the years) men who hit women (except in genuine self defence) are scum.

That said there are four proviso's

a) as chas and others note you can wind up getting attacked by the pair of them
b) if it gets physical with the chap you are best off not waiting arround for the police, especially if you do him any damage, as you can't always rely on the girl to tell them the truth about how it started
c) intervening can result in the abuser taking out his frustration and anger on the girl later , so you do need to make sure you aren't making a bad situation worse.
and
d) do watch out for yourself - I had one situation a number of years back where the bloke pulled a knife after i intervened. I took it away from him but that could have ended badly for somene who wasnt prepared.

As to the reverse sitation - It would depend on whether she was actually damaging him , if it was just screaming and slapping (as per the video) then i'd probably leave them to it ( I doubt many men would thank you for stepping in to that situation ) if she was doing him serious damage I'd have to do something about it

Last edited:
I stepped in only 2 weeks ago, and had to disarm & restrain a 20yr yob, who lives across the road from me, had a knock on the the door about 11pm from PC Plod & asked me to recall the incident,
After explaining how I disarmed & restrained him ( ex martial arts instructor) I got a big thank you from him as it could of got a lot worst & the yob spent the night in the cells.

His mum thanked me the following day :)

Has he chucked a brick through your window/windscreen yet , in retaliation ?

No :) I think he is still shaking in his shoes, I did whisper something in his ear :eek:

Plus the house is fully wired with test equipment from work ( security equipment :D & Two GSD )

Last edited:
Back