Wow, have you seen this? More of "can you work for free?"

I do find it a bit of a $%&^ing liberty. The job description is all encompassing and makes mention of supplying the commercial team and providing images for promotional materials, but they want an un-paid volunteer who will also provide there own equipment (Which will no doubt run into the tens of thousands of pounds.)
Not even any mention of expenses. It will be a rare person who has the gear, the talent and the aptitude to fill the role they describe and be prepared to work for flattery.

I do find it a bit of a $%&^ing liberty. The job description is all encompassing and makes mention of supplying the commercial team and providing images for promotional materials, but they want an un-paid volunteer who will also provide there own equipment (Which will no doubt run into the tens of thousands of pounds.)
Not even any mention of expenses. It will be a rare person who has the gear, the talent and the aptitude to fill the role they describe and be prepared to work for flattery.

Unfortunately though, I'm in no doubt they will probably have a number of applicants to choose from.

Unfortunately though, I'm in no doubt they will probably have a number of applicants to choose from.

They will do. There are always plenty of people ready to jump on offers like this in the false belief that it 'will look good on their CV' and be a 'foot in the door'.

fuming, missed that Soton vacancy - worth the commute from Surrey for sure! lol
Shame Gateshead is so far away, I'm a big fan of ordering kit online and offering to pay credit via Paypal - yeh cheers!

fuming, missed that Soton vacancy - worth the commute from Surrey for sure! lol
Shame Gateshead is so far away, I'm a big fan of ordering kit online and offering to pay credit via Paypal - yeh cheers!

That job came up maybe three years ago. I remember applying before. I think they advertised it, but actually gave it to a previous club photographer, from what I as told.

Back