WP contact form 7 and alternatives?

LongLensPhotography

Th..th..that's all folks!
Name
LongLensPhotography
Edit My Images
No
WP users: how do you setup your contact forms or do you just display your email address?

I am still trying my patience with Contact form 7. The amount of spam I'm getting is colossal from both of my websites. GMAIL does filter that out at the receiving end, and does so far too well, i.e. proper emails are all in spam too.

Currently I use cust email in the from: field. That seems to be problematic with my gmail and doesn't accept anything from yahoo. I tried to set it up from admin email and reply-to field but that results in even more spam that is no longer filtered.

I am not too sure where to go from this. Of course I could just open it all up by displaying my email address and let gmail sort it if that can be trusted to deliver what I need, and only what I need. P.S. At some point I will ditch gmail for anything but daily junk.
All advice is very welcome.

We used to get lots of spam from our Contact form 7 pages but that's stopped since adding the Google reCaptcha integration. We have 4 different contact forms (all Contact 7) on our web site and I have considered moving but I'm not sure it's worth the effort?

We used to get lots of spam from our Contact form 7 pages but that's stopped since adding the Google reCaptcha integration. We have 4 different contact forms (all Contact 7) on our web site and I have considered moving but I'm not sure it's worth the effort?

I'm trying to get it working, but everything is getting hit with orange box and Spam log: reCAPTCHA score (0.00) is lower than the threshold (0.50).
Ah the joys of wordpress....

Have you installed any spam plugins for cf7? Give Honeypot for Contact Form 7 a go. There are a few others also.

Will see if that alone results in less spam. It will be at least interesting to know if these annoying messages are sent one by one by some poor low life creature or automated.

I use WPForms on all my sites. Not had a problem and easy to set up.

I use the Lite version but there's a Pro version if you intend to use it for sales and marketing.

Back