WRC GB

Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone planning on heading up to Wales for the WRC this year? I might pop along to some of the forest stages and the Great Orme on the Sunday.

I'm aiming to do the weekend! Long drive for myself for just the day, chirk castle looks to be the busiest with spectators which I'm not looking forward to!

Yes I expect Chirk will be packed! I'm going to stick to some scenic forest shots.

I'm Hoping to do the Sunday. The wife is not happy, she is convinced I'm going to either get lost in the forest or, stand in the road and get hit by a car. She is an FPO. (Fun prevention officer)

Is she coming along? I just can't get my wife excited about coming...

Great orme for me as I'm in Llandudno that weekend anyway for a weekend getaway. My Mrs thinks it's all planned deliberately.

Never been before so not sure on parking and view points. So just going to hope for the best

I would park in town and walk up one of the paths from the west shore side. Quite a few areas have a half decent view of the road.

I'd love to go o his but have no idea abou the location, could you guys give me a few pointers about where to go for the forest stages and what the costs are say for a family of 4, thanks :)

Seeing as i live in Llandudno im going to visit the Orme stage. I hope to catch a few of the mid wales stages as well.

I'd love to go o his but have no idea abou the location, could you guys give me a few pointers about where to go for the forest stages and what the costs are say for a family of 4, thanks :)

Check online the WRC website, they'll have ticket prices and will advise for family viewing, chirk castle is more I think aimed for family viewings! Very busy weekend from thurs-Monday with spectator traffic!

I have the whole thing booked off, not sure I have the money to go now though! The Orme official car park was fun last time I went, so close to beaching the MX5 on the rutted driveway! If you're going to watch from the top then a minimum 300mm lens on APS is needed IMO.

You can walk up and over the Orme, you don't have to use the car park. plus the viewing areas are all really close to the road you can get away with a 50mm should you so wish.

These images were shot at 150mm and 100mm on the approach. Admittedly there are some High spots that would require long telephoto lenses but there not necessary if your prepared to walk.

Check online the WRC website, they'll have ticket prices and will advise for family viewing, chirk castle is more I think aimed for family viewings! Very busy weekend from thurs-Monday with spectator traffic!
Thanks the website is brilliant, never been to a rally before so Saturday could be ideal.

I'm a little confused, can you walk around the roads and choose a safe location to watch it from, also do you think it will be rammed with people - I'm trying to get my head round if the kids will actually see anything if we go or will the cars be too far away?

No you can't walk around the actual roads, Marshalls won't allow it. You can walk over the tops of the orme on various footpaths some of which can be v.steep and possibly unsuitable for children. The easiest way if you had kids would be to go and park in the designated area on top of the orme and walk to the viewing area. You can then walk around following the road to find a suitable area, like I said there is plenty of areas close enough to the road as I have shot from and they weren't rammed.

cant make any stages on the weekend so going to the shakedown thursday morning its better than nothing..

I'm already in Llandudno and have been since yesterday. It's blowing a gale but no rain this morning yet. Just debating whether to drive up the Orme or see if it's walkable...

I was keen to try out one of those shots made famous by David Raynham - but didn't quite nail it

23031994276_694469ea3a_h.jpg

Back