Wrc Rally Mexico

Edit My Images
Yes
Well finally after a few weeks of hard work, I got a few minutes to read the forum and post some pictures.

This ones, from the WRC at Leon, Guanajuato in Mexico.

hope you like them:

60016392-M.jpg

60016352-M.jpg

60016431-M.jpg

60016448-M.jpg

this one is on the Super Special Stage, I got two cars in one photo:
60016506-M.jpg

After this rally, I get the cleaning sensor kit from Copperhill Images, and let me tell you is great! hehe

Regards

Thats a nice nice mix of photos, I really like the second one :thumb:

Lovely shots here. Sounds like a dream trip! The third one looks like it has one of those trick suspension kits that makes the car jump :)

nice captures but I'm really not too keen on the angles. Just my opinion but I think it suits bikes better than cars.

Liberalis will probably bear me out on this: if you're starting out in a particular field (in this instance Motorspart), it doesn't hurt to see where the Pros position themselves (those that do it on a regular basis) to see what angles they're after. Aslo buy the magazines that cater to a particular subject and examine the photos minutely to see if there's anything you can learn from them - lighting, angles, techniques etc. and also if you think you can do better in similar circumstances.
A lot of Motorsport Photographers, for example got into it because they were initially interested in the sport rather than the photography - it's thier familiarity with the genre than gives them an edge.

Then go and practice.

Thanks for all your comments.

You can see more of this pics in my page www.pablopuga.com where it says WRC Dia 1, Dia 2 and Dia 3. The 3 days of rally.

That bend you want to see is in the Day 2 (Dia 2).

The angles, think i just want to be different and see if it works, I like some angles, but I realize with some of the shots that I angled the camera too much, but some times this angles help, sometimes not. This ones I posted here I like them very much, but you can see on my page, another photos with the same angle, but the car make another movement I didn't expect and I dont like. But still have to practice a lot.

Sammy, I was using my 20D with 28-105 most of the times (Some times with the 75-300), I try to shot at lower speeds, between 1/100 and 1/250, and some times lower, because I dont like to get the car completely freeze, having some motion on the wheels or other parts make the sense of speed. Again, in my page you can see the complete exif of each photo.

Arkady is so right! I try to buy motorsport magazines, and see what the pros are doing. Also, as he says, I get in to motorsports photography because I am a rally driver, and last year I wasn't racing. So I know better were is a safe spot and were isn't, and where is a nice place to be. But for this rally I try but i didn't get the FIA Acreditation, so the places I can be, were the spectator ones, but as I knew the stages I get nice spots without lots of fans at my sides.

The WRC is not part of the national championship here and that's why I could get there to take some pictures. Next rally's if my car is ready, hopefully I will be driving again.

good set Ppuga, what do you normally drive?

Thanks Matty

I drive a Renault Clio 1600 (not a super 1600... i wish! hehe) in the N2 at the nationals here. Now it's in the workshop preparing it for my first rally in a month or so, but in the next weeks I wil get the car out and make some studio pictures of it for sponsors.

You need to follow what Liberalis is doing then and apply some of what he has done! I think they could look fantastic!

What a fantastic set of pictures and record of the "flavour" of the event. I know a lot of folk who would go green with envy if they see these!

Back