Wrecked Boats @ Aros Mains, Isle of Mull

Edit My Images
No
These boats are popular with photographers, on the day the sky was rather dull so I've went for a b&w conversion from a series of bracketed exposures

C&C welcome

1316052004_c094708f8f_o.jpg

10mm | f/13 | (1/100sec, 1/25sec, 1/6sec) | ISO-100

Thanks for looking

very striking picture
beautiful tones
cool composition
but it's mono - and I still like it - v scary! (y)

Like that. Like the way you have handled it

Thank you very much, I think it was about the best I could hope for given that the sun (or lack of sun in this case! :D) was ahead of me + the foreground and hull of the boats were pretty shaded

very striking picture
beautiful tones
cool composition
but it's mono - and I still like it - v scary! (y)

Thank you very much - I feel the hulls could look a tad sharper but it's proving difficult as artifacts are being introduced when I crank up the sharpening

Cheers for the feedback

Really liking this, great tones as said above.

I would have perhaps liked a little more of the background scenery to the left of the frame- just to give it a bit more context.

I really like them as is. That sky is perfect for this shot IMO. :)

Lovelt shot and mono fits the bill here really well :clap:

Really liking this, great tones as said above.

I would have perhaps liked a little more of the background scenery to the left of the frame- just to give it a bit more context.

Thank you for your feedback, I see what you are saying but if I remember correctly there were quite a lot of items of rubbish (e.g. oil drums etc.) which I thought would look quite distracting, might have another look at what I've got to see if these can be cloned out.

I really like them as is. That sky is perfect for this shot IMO. :)

Cheers :) It's amazing what a few bracketed exposures can do for an overcast and dull sky (or 'driech' as we scots like to call it)

Lovelt shot and mono fits the bill here really well :clap:

Thank you very much, conversion was via the channel mixer in CS2 + a little dodging and burning, still new to this game but really getting into b&w these days

brilliant shot, mono looks really nice i think!
:D
good shot!

Composition is great on this. And the conversion is too... well done with the 3 exposures.. youve blended them perfectly (y)

Fabulous work here. Interested in the process you used to generate the images - I assume they were on a tripod with remote trigger yeah...? You set the mode to S and set the shutter speed manually with the same aperture for the three pics?

Must have a go at that - also, a shot such as this clearly illustrates the benefits of a good quality wide angle lens. Fantastic composition.

Back