Wrecked!

davekiddle

Like to feel muppets
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
This is a image that required a lot of cloning out of a cluttered background, which I don't normally do to be honest as I prefer photos to be more or less 'as is', but in this case I think it's justified. Give me some honest feedback please.

Wrecked - Explored! by Dave Kiddle, on Flickr

Last edited:
A few of us have been all over this recently.

I guess I'm prejudiced because I know the location so well, but I prefer it with the clutter around it although once removed it does it give a greater sense of isolation.

Having said that, knowing how much rubbish there is in that shot, you've done a cracking job on the processing.

Last edited:

I guess I'm prejudiced because I know the location so well, but I prefer it with the clutter around it although once removed it does it give a greater sense of isolation.

Having said that, knowing how much rubbish there is in that shot, you've done a cracking job on the processing.

Care to share the location as I am looking for interesting places?

Heather

Dave well done,and welcome to the club.Having photographed this subject as well IMO you have done the right thing by cloning the clutter out of the scene, it benefits and needs the isolation which you have given the shot.
On the down side IMO the boat does seem to lack a bit of punch,impact,an overcast sky has knocked the contrast i don't know!

Have put my pic up in the 10 stop thread as a comparison,i left it in colour as it did not seem to convert to BW as well as i had hoped

Last edited:
This is becoming a very popular and photographed image within the Portsmouth harbour area. The problem with all the images are they all look the same, this is not a put down of your image Dave far from it but the surrounding area don't help us produce different images. There is one image that I like of this place and it's a night time version because unlike yours, Trev and mine, it's been taken from a different angle , the boats been highlighted with light and it as not had to wash out the background to white or with clouds to disguise the background mess.

Nice image anyway Dave.

I like it. I would have this on a canvas on my wall.

i love this picture, any way you can sell it to me in canvas form :D

Thanks chaps. I'm sure we can come to some arrangment :D

Thanks Simon, I know it's been a well photographed location recently, but as I said I don't normally do a lot of cloning so it's my first real attempt :)

Thank you Andrius

Care to share the location as I am looking for interesting places?

Heather
Click on the photo Heather to link you to my flickr and have a look at the map :)

Dave well done,and welcome to the club.Having photographed this subject as well IMO you have done the right thing by cloning the clutter out of the scene, it benefits and needs the isolation which you have given the shot.
On the down side IMO the boat does seem to lack a bit of punch,impact,an overcast sky has knocked the contrast i don't know!

Have put my pic up in the 10 stop thread as a comparison,i left it in colour as it did not seem to convert to BW as well as i had hoped
It was a rather overcast and dull day. Yours is a cracking image John, but I like mine too :D

Thank you Rob (y)
This is becoming a very popular and photographed image within the Portsmouth harbour area. The problem with all the images are they all look the same, this is not a put down of your image Dave far from it but the surrounding area don't help us produce different images. There is one image that I like of this place and it's a night time version because unlike yours, Trev and mine, it's been taken from a different angle , the boats been highlighted with light and it as not had to wash out the background to white or with clouds to disguise the background mess.

Nice image anyway Dave.
Thanks for commenting Jon. I know what you mean, it's been done a few times all with similar angles, but I still think it's a worthy subject.

Last edited:
Very nice indeed, defo the right thing to clone out the clutter. very nice conversion also!

Thanks chaps. I'm sure we can come to some arrangment :D

Thanks Simon, I know it's been a well photographed location recently, but as I said I don't normally do a lot of cloning so it's my first real attempt :)

Thank you

Click on the photo Heather to link you to my flickr and have a look at the map :)

It was a rather overcast and dull day. Yours is a cracking image John, but I like mine too :D

"]http://www.facebook.com/CaptureMoorePhoto[/URL]
Thank you Rob (y)
Thanks for commenting Jon. I know what you mean, it's been done a few times all with similar angles, but I still think it's a worthy subject.[/QUOTE]

I agree, its a worthy subject but looking forward in seeing something real different done with this. It will not come from me as i haven't had my camera out in nearly a month now and i will be moving to the peak district full time next month so will not be back on the south coast as much as i would want to. Going to miss it down there.

Very nice indeed, defo the right thing to clone out the clutter. very nice conversion also!
Thanks Paul.

I agree, its a worthy subject but looking forward in seeing something real different done with this. It will not come from me as i haven't had my camera out in nearly a month now and i will be moving to the peak district full time next month so will not be back on the south coast as much as i would want to. Going to miss it down there.
The trouble is Jon, given the location and access, I'm not sure what else can be done with it, but I think you've just thrown down the gaunlet!!

Last edited:
Back