Wren on rope

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Not what I expected to find at the sea shore. This little fella was far less camera shy than the ones I usually see. The rope was part of fishing nets and creels at the edge of the water.

9705734846_0b96a36b9f_o.jpg

9705735844_f7e51a078c_o.jpg

9702502217_a12d226221_o.jpg

Caught in a beautiful light there John, if I had to choose it would be the last one. The extra little bit of rope adds to the picture and just a bit more personal eye contact.

Caught in a beautiful light there John, if I had to choose it would be the last one. The extra little bit of rope adds to the picture and just a bit more personal eye contact.

;) Agreed!

Thanks folks.(y)

I always thought that summer would be the best time for photography, but it's only now that the light seems to suit better. This was about 6pm and it's much better light for birds than mid-day would have been. This is just the start of my 2nd year of taking birds/photography fairly seriously so I'm still learning. I thought that June/July would have been prime photography time but the camera didn't actually come out much then.

I was in two minds about showing more rope here. To be fair, there hasn't been much cropping as the bird was 6.5m from me and I was at the (minimal) limit. I know this because at some points the lens wouldn't focus and I had to step back a bit! The rope and the creel boxes just seemed an odd surrounding for a wren.

My favourite is actually #2 because it's a very close and personal study of the bird. I've never been this close to a wren before - or at least one which wasn't darting about under cover. However, I take on board the comments (Rich) but I think the eye on #3 is ever so slightly off.:|

Well with the colder days coming John you should hopefully get a good selection of birds to choose from.

That lovely lighting really makes the shot stand out, (y)

Agree entirely lovely light

Some wonderful shots there of the tiny tiny Wren, the lighting and details very good!

Loving that golden glow - very suited to the subject.

Back