Wren what a beauty

Edit My Images
Yes
Well Im getting these in my dinner break and Im getting close for the the bigma. I think one of the images is 417mm so about 1.5mtrs from the bird. :eek:(y) .

So Im going to try the ef70-300is tomorrow as my testing on this lens tells me that its slightly sharper and I dont need the length with these birds, so Ill let you all know.

all hand held 40d + bigma .

wrenffbigmacopy.jpg

wrenffbigma3copy.jpg

wrenffbigma2copy.jpg

perchsingingcopy.jpg

many thanks
jason :wave:

interested in your test Jason as i'm upgrading my zoom lens....nice shots

Cracking shots Jason, these little birds can test you to the limit. (y)

That last one...... I can almost hear it singing... wonderful stuff, Jason. (y)

Love that last one (y)
Powerful lungs, for such little birds :)

Nice close shots(y) but is it just me, they look a tad soft?

You jammy So and So, great shots the last is the best as singing.
These are so small and flighty i wish i could see them so well nevermind get to shoot them.
I have seen people trying to get these on 800mmm + and no joy.
One guy tried and he asked what i was trying to shoot and said oh the Wren thats in the grass directly in front of the hide about 6 inches from your foot and 3 foot below the hide window.

Great shots. Really enjoyed the singing Wren.:)

No2 for me (always been an awkward so and so), excellent photos Jason.

Thanks folks I appreciate the comments (y)

Its so hard getting a sharp image of these in fact it's sometimes in possible .
On that day I was shooting f8 1/125 h/h and 130 images taken and only getting a hand full of good shots .

Nice close shots(y) but is it just me, they look a tad soft?

I think this due to the shutter speed and perhaps a little on the down sizing for the web?

You jammy So and So, great shots the last is the best as singing.
These are so small and flighty i wish i could see them so well nevermind get to shoot them.
I have seen people trying to get these on 800mmm + and no joy.
One guy tried and he asked what i was trying to shoot and said oh the Wren thats in the grass directly in front of the hide about 6 inches from your foot and 3 foot below the hide window.

Yes I do feel lucky that having the wood pile in the works yard has helped a lot and most of my dinner time is spent trying to get that all important crystal clear shot.

Saved the best till last :)

:clap:

I really liked this shot but I was not :( that it's such a big crop so iq has been lost .
many thanks (y)

A lovely set you have here.(y) I really like the second and last shots.

Back