Wrens

den

Name
Dennis
Edit My Images
No
A couple of opportunist shots of the Wren yesterday , I was putting mealworm out for the owl when I spotted one flitting around, I wasn't in the hide and I was handholding trying to get some grab shots and hoping he would land somewhere decent after enticing him with a mealworm for his troubles ,not long after a second arrived ,just wish I had taken the tripod and hide down with me as they were fun to watchWren by den9112, on FlickrWren by den9112, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nothing showing for me Den :thinking:

Pictures are lovely , We get lots of birds in our garden too when you say you wish you had taken the hide with you , is it home made. I would love something like that .

Aha, there they are :D
Two lovely images, I prefer the 2nd purely for the surrounding colour :)

H Margret , I have a few different types of hides for the seasons ,I have a couple of fixed hides (makeshift out of pallets) in spring /summer for the little owls ,I then resort to a portable pop up hide in Autumn/.Winter for the owls, sometimes just sitting in and spending a few hours on the site, yesterday I just popped down as I do everyday with some mealworms for the birds ,and I say birds as the if the owl is not quick the magpies get it ,and while I was knocking around I spotted the Wrens flitting around and as I always have my camera with me I grabbed the shots ,now if I had the hide with me I would have tried to set up for some better shots .

H Margret , I have a few different types of hides for the seasons ,I have a couple of fixed hides (makeshift out of pallets) in spring /summer for the little owls ,I then resort to a portable pop up hide in Autumn/.Winter for the owls, sometimes just sitting in and spending a few hours on the site, yesterday I just popped down as I do everyday with some mealworms for the birds ,and I say birds as the if the owl is not quick the magpies get it ,and while I was knocking around I spotted the Wrens flitting around and as I always have my camera with me I grabbed the shots ,now if I had the hide with me I would have tried to set up for some better shots .

Where i live there is a wooded area at the back of the house . we get lots of birds but as you know you just have to move and they are flying away . Think i will ask hubby if he can make some kind of hide for me . Look forward to seeing some pictures of the little owl .

This link is a couple of years old and I do have one from this year but this as a bit of info,i have spent a full day at my sites and I have a few shots from today http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/new-little-owl-thread-with-a-bit-of-info.500682/

Had a look at link Really enjoyed reading this and looking at the photos . Thank you .

Number 1 for me Den - Better light, crisper image and an interesting iron ? perch

Number 2 is a tad noisy and has a yellowy cast.

I've not seen any Wrens for a while here.

I prefer #2. I have a Wren living in my garden but getting a photo is very difficult as there are so many places to dart out of sight. But that's probably why I have one resident.

Back