Wrist strap

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
No
Hi folks,

I'm after a wrist strap for my S5. Currently have just the bog standard neck one that comes with it, but I find it a pain and tend to walk around with my camera in my hand.

Any recommendations?

Peak design seem to be popular but expensive.

I've got loads of Amazon credit at the moment, so if I can get one off there that would be ace.

Cheers
Ad

Cordweaver wrist straps can be supplied with the Peak Design connectors. I have two of them plus a conventional split ring type.

Cordweaver. I have them on both my cameras as I also hate neck straps, and a third replaced the strap that fell off my monopod the first time I had it out. He's a little one man band and (I think) fairly local to me. PD connectors on both cameras as I also use an Optech sling with a variety of connections. Make sure when you put your wrist through the loop you do it the 'right way up' so if the camera drops the loop tightens.

Cordweaver. I have them on both my cameras as I also hate neck straps, and a third replaced the strap that fell off my monopod the first time I had it out. He's a little one man band and (I think) fairly local to me. PD connectors on both cameras as I also use an Optech sling with a variety of connections. Make sure when you put your wrist through the loop you do it the 'right way up' so if the camera drops the loop tightens.
Bit off topic here, hope the OP doesnt mind.
Hi Jan
Do you find the Optech sling works ok with the PD connectors. I have one lying unused somewhere and never thought of using it like that.
Thanks

Last edited:
I just wrap the neck strap around my wrist and this has worked well for me since the 1960s :naughty:

I used to do that with my old 35mm slrs with a thin leather strap, but my wrist isn't big enough to wrap a wide strap round. It just slips off

Do you find the Optech sling works ok with the PD connectors. I have one somewhere, but never thought of using it like that.

I use mine in a variety of different ways. I have 2 snap connectors on the sling then a number of short straps with PD connectors, screw in connectors or snap clips. I can get 2 fixing points on any camera/lens combination. I wouldn't normally use the sling attached to both camera bar connectors - it would be one camera bar and the tripod bush. If I can fix to the lens I use that and the camera tripod bush.

Peak design has a magnetic thingy so that you can just wear it as a bracelet when the camera is attached……also had a black rapid that I liked but lost it somewhere when I was using a tripod so I suppose the peak design has the advantage there…….

Something I have been wondering about as I don't like the neck-strap.

I just ordered the "Crossover" from his ebay shop

I like to swap between a cross-body strap, a wrist-strap and a clutch, depending on which camera I'm using, and what type of photography I'm doing. I have landed on the PD system as it is easy and quick to change between the three straps.
Basically, I use two crossbody straps when shooting live gigs with a brace of cameras, a wriststrap for my small, discreet street set-up and the clutch for wandering around for shorter periods with either my Fuji X-T3 or X-H1 (both with battery grips.)

I'm another Cordweaver user (with the PD connectors). Wrist strap on the Sony compact when I'm on a photographic wander (round a street market etc.) and my phone lives on a longer loop that I use as a lanyard. When I just take the compact out for the day, it goes on the lanyard - the phone stays at home.

I used to do that with my old 35mm slrs with a thin leather strap, but my wrist isn't big enough to wrap a wide strap round. It just slips off

I use mine in a variety of different ways. I have 2 snap connectors on the sling then a number of short straps with PD connectors, screw in connectors or snap clips. I can get 2 fixing points on any camera/lens combination. I wouldn't normally use the sling attached to both camera bar connectors - it would be one camera bar and the tripod bush. If I can fix to the lens I use that and the camera tripod bush.

Thanks, I'll dig my sling out later and see what can be done with it.
I've got a multitude of varied connectors, would really like to use the PD type.
Not keen on using the tripod bush, but should still work one way or another.

I’ve got a Peak Design Cuff (about £23) and find it so much better than the pesky Nikon strap that kept getting in the way before. It takes the weight of my D7200 + lens without cutting off any circulation and feels strong enough to inspire confidence in case of mishandling.

I probably could have got a strap for less money but then I figured why skimp on something that I’m going to rely on. £23 for something that looks and feels good is a worthwhile investment in my book.

Happy shopping.

Also went with Peak Design. Quite happy with the choice and I trust it. It is every so slightly difficult to get on and off, perhaps a good thing(?)

I’m still using the original peak design wrist strap, saw someone with a newer ( think it was peak design) strap and looked as if there was metal on the strap - was I right?

just thought bit of a risk of scratching camera.

Although I have the Peak Design Cuff, and am very happy with it, I did, on the strength of this thread, order one of the Cordweaver ones with the PD connectors. I really like the look of it, and it appears that it may be more comfortable also, so apologies I may have ordered the last one :naughty:

I've dropped them a message lol

May have to put a post in the wanted thread lol
They do come in and out of stock, probably run out of the PD connectors for now.

Yes he had, but he had one more left and I just ordered it after speaking to him via email. Thanks again for the heads up in the thread about them in the first place folks..
Reckon I should get some commission from all these sales.

Only joking, nice to see a homegrown UK business doing well.

There used to be another one man band making quality straps.
He contracted an awful flesh eating disease if I remember correctly from a dog.
Really sad tale, not sure if he is still operating, maybe aomeone on here will know

There used to be another one man band making quality straps.
He contracted an awful flesh eating disease if I remember correctly from a dog.
Really sad tale, not sure if he is still operating, maybe aomeone on here will know
Do you mean Footprint? I have one of his straps - don’t know if he’s still going.

Last edited:
Do you mean Footprint? I have one of his straps - do know if he’s still going.
That's the one I was thinking of.
Haven't heard of them for a while now, not sure what happened.

Quick Google search and it would appear he is still going. FB posts as recent as December and January
I had a look on Ebay, which is where I bought mine, but couldn’t find anything. Must be at least 10 years since, and I still use it on my LX100 when I’m not using a wrist strap..

Back