Wrist straps.

Ant

Name
Anthony
Edit My Images
Yes
Well, i've gotten to the point in my photography, where i no longer use the neck strap, and i wrap the neck strap around my wrist instead. Now this is good, as the camera is always there when i want to take a quick capture, but it gets in the way of the viewfinder sometimes, depending on whether i use the camera in portrait or landscape mode. I have a grip on the camera, so using just a hand strap is generally, out of the question.

So i was researching wrist grips, and found that op-tech usa make some.

Was just wondering what peoples thoughts on wrist straps are, and what people use to get around having a neck strap on your DSLR.

Oh, and the strap i found was this one

There are some that attach to the tripod mount and the strap connector that are more secure

I got a cheap one from ebay, to try it out. My thinking was if I got on with it, I would buy a better quality one.

Well I find I like it so much better than the neck strap and it's nicely compact, convenient and very secure. So I wont bother buying a more expensive one.

I use it with the 100-400 on ,so it's fairly weighty, but no problems. As your actually holding the camera there is very little strain on the wrist strap, and that has the webbing running all the way through, so no chance of that snapping.

Cheapo on e-bay, £4:50p, free p+p from USA.
Just ordered it for my 5D, see what turns up,
Jim

There are some that attach to the tripod mount and the strap connector that are more secure

Thing is, is that i like to use the shutter button on the grip, so using one of the ones that go into the tripod mount, that'll be covering the vertical shutter button with the strap. That's why i was thinking one similar to the op tech ones.

So are there any others about? I'm not too sure whether i'd be fine with just one clip holding my camera to my wrist, even though i'd normally be holding the camera also. Sometimes i let go of the camera altogether, so i'm a bit.... Errr, well, wanting something that isn't just the plastic clip holding it, as i've had a couple of those fail on me before.

Thing is, is that i like to use the shutter button on the grip, so using one of the ones that go into the tripod mount, that'll be covering the vertical shutter button with the strap. That's why i was thinking one similar to the op tech ones.

So are there any others about? I'm not too sure whether i'd be fine with just one clip holding my camera to my wrist, even though i'd normally be holding the camera also. Sometimes i let go of the camera altogether, so i'm a bit.... Errr, well, wanting something that isn't just the plastic clip holding it, as i've had a couple of those fail on me before.

I got a Kenro strap, it`s one that fitted into the tripod screw but it doesn`t interfere with vertical shooting, I have a grip fitted also, no problem. My grip has a strap mount anyway so I connected my strap to this and threw the tripod screw thingy, away. Neither way of attatching the strap interferes with anything. :)

Back