Wrist watches

Name
Ste
Edit My Images
No
Hi all, Im after some help in that Im hankering for a half decent wrist watch, Looking at the Steinhart Ocean Black but open to others, Just want a decent ideally all black watch or at least black faced watch. Ive just joined on TWF and aware of TZ but is any other members here on there? With the obvious 50 post rule on the classifieds I cant see if any is available on there 2nd hand.

I have had a Nitewatch MX10 for a few years now and I love it. You really can read it up a black cat's bottom in a coalhouse at midnight. Very clear and simple design.

http://www.nitewatches.com/store/gb/mx10/

I had one of those - about £200. After almost 5 years the battery went phut. After four years and by then it was getting hard to see in the dark. Nitewatch wanted funny money to replace the battery (which will not improve the luminosity). Strap broke up soon after that.

Now got a Timex Indiglo. Super accurate and waterproof. Press the winder handle and it lights up clearly in darkness. Cost £27 - throw it away and get another one when the battery packs in.

Last edited:
I bought the Steinhart last month !

heYfGxI.jpg

XjV8dHo.jpg

9yqcQDC.jpg

LStjhhw.jpg

Also have a look at 'Christopher Ward' C60 range is similar to the photo above . I don't know much about watches but my other half has one of these and there customer service was very good. They also do a 60 day returns policy if you don't like the watch.

Thanks all for the replies, Ive decided im going for the Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military (OVM). Only prob is no more orders being take at present, Gutted. If anyone sees one on a forum please bear me in mind.

Raymond the Ocean One is stunning, The ONLY gripe I have with it (and no offence as its all personal pref of course) is the magnified date bubble, Not a fan of date on watched and really wouldnt have a magnified one. Stunning otherwise.

If you would like to drop me a PM i can let you have link to a watch forum that i belong too. Very helpful bunch for advise:)

Back