WSB Brands Hatch (Friday warm up)

Edit My Images
Yes
Very good, particularly the Corser and Nieto pics.:clap:
I'm thinking about a last minute trip down there for Saturday...its a long way, but the weather looks good. :thinking:

(y)
some nice shots there matey..

I missed today as i havent been to well over the last few days, hopefully having rested today i feel better for tomorrow for the racing, may not have the camera. I wouldnt imagine it being that good for photography today or race day tho due to the crowds. Id say there where more folk there for the Friday then the DTM race day.

Wonderful shots there !, tack sharp

Alan

Thanks for taking the time to comment's guys the feed back means alot.

But can you expand more on this point?

possibly a bit to saturated for me, but still great shots (y)

Thats a couple that have said that, so what am i doing wrong if thats the case? to me on my monitor they reflect pretty much what i saw at the time, and had very little editing.

Shot manual in raw settings to neutral. Batched processed in raw, 70% sharpening, then levels and water mark in CS3.

Those pics don't in any way make me wish I'd been there... absolutely not... oh no .

Look pretty damn fine to me (y)
Including the saturation.

Thanks for taking the time to comment's guys the feed back means alot.

But can you expand more on this point?

Thats a couple that have said that, so what am i doing wrong if thats the case? to me on my monitor they reflect pretty much what i saw at the time, and had very little editing.

Shot manual in raw settings to neutral. Batched processed in raw, 70% sharpening, then levels and water mark in CS3.

I think that your screen is set up diffrently to us?

To me the reds are to vibrant and really punch out, the last shot of your first set look a bit more toned down to me. It really is personal on how you want your photographs to look.

IMO that particular red does tend to look very saturated in those conditions and it may just be that. The colours look exactly as I recall them in real life in those conditions. You can see the differences in the pics under the different light.

Great shots. The saturation looks fine on my monitor too. Vibrant reds.

Would I be wrong to assume you used Manual focus?

Great shots. The saturation looks fine on my monitor too. Vibrant reds.

Would I be wrong to assume you used Manual focus?

Depends on what ones, the camera is set to A.I servo, how ever the lenses i use have full time manual override, and do mkae use of that at times.

Although i think most if not all posted in this thread are A.I servo

possibly a bit to saturated for me, but still great shots (y)

For what it's worth in a very subjective subject (ie photography!) I personally think one of the key essences of motorsport is the riot of colour and as such I don't think (within the bounds of sensible) you can be over saturated.

What's interesting here is the shots on this page are from a Pro.

I'd arguable say none of those shots are what I or my friends shot for BUT this page of shots is a portfolio for commercial use. I can see all of these fitting into MCN or similar.

Which I guess is the difference between shooting for fun and the "awesome" shot vs shooting for a living.

BTW on another note, did nobody else go to Brands? There is only this thread on here so far (mine is coming later!). Considering the HUGE number of threads around the GT and the DTM it seems strange to see so few of you at this, the largest sporting event (and not just motorsport!) in the UK....

What's interesting here is the shots on this page are from a Pro.

I'd arguable say none of those shots are what I or my friends shot for BUT this page of shots is a portfolio for commercial use. I can see all of these fitting into MCN or similar.

Which I guess is the difference between shooting for fun and the "awesome" shot vs shooting for a living.

BTW on another note, did nobody else go to Brands? There is only this thread on here so far (mine is coming later!). Considering the HUGE number of threads around the GT and the DTM it seems strange to see so few of you at this, the largest sporting event (and not just motorsport!) in the UK....

So what makes a awesome shot as apposed to something used MCN, or sold bearing in mind that guy sells his stuff to the general public,

I am very suprised not see more pics posted around as there where loads of peeps with cameras there.

Well yes, maybe they would use an "awesome" shot, but if you look he has lots of pictures there of subjects that I have never seen anyone here post - I think my friend who does this pro calls them "atmosphere" - basically everything about the event and not necessarily on the track. Things you could use for a story about the weekend rather than just bike pics.

There's alot a stuff id love to do at the events but without the media tag you simple havent havent got the access to angles or the freedom to move to where you want during the race due to the crowd.

the other thing that site is meant to convey the scene and atmosphere, and thats who they got acredition you do find there are different togs around the track with different briefs, now thats the part that worries me alittle is the ability to do what i want

really nice sets, well done :)

Great shots, I really wanted to get to brands to see the bikes as there the only vehicle I haven't seen there. Will have to check motorvision.co.uk for the next bike event.

The Exif info will hopefully help me with my attempts.

Well done

Back