WSB from a wet and dark and cold Silverstone 56k no-no

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Got very wet and cold today. But I had a great time! :woot:
Here's a few from today. Will post more when I've had some sleep

Comments most welcome and needed (y)

all shots taken with my 70-300is with some very tight crops!

Nice, esp #5 (Haga) (y) . I think you've done well, esp considering the conditions which looked awful. Must have been bad cos they cancelled the 2nd race :eek:

Quite like emptiness in the third shot there, good series :)

Really not bad at all!

I think you are braver than me though - I wouldnt have risked my gear in that weather - looked appalling on the TV!

I did think in those kind of light conditions it wasnt possible to get anything worth keeping at all, but you've done pretty good... mind you this last week I saw a pro's shot from Le Mans of the rather soggy MotoGP of Rossi and wow... what a corker...hmmmm maybe the super expensive lens can be justified to the wife...

Really not bad at all!

I think you are braver than me though - I wouldnt have risked my gear in that weather - looked appalling on the TV!

I did think in those kind of light conditions it wasnt possible to get anything worth keeping at all, but you've done pretty good... mind you this last week I saw a pro's shot from Le Mans of the rather soggy MotoGP of Rossi and wow... what a corker...hmmmm maybe the super expensive lens can be justified to the wife...

If your worried make sure you have acidental damage for you possions outta the house the on you home insurance, covered for the value of your gear.

I use a gortex gatter i had laying around for the lens, a fully water proof cover for the camera so can shoot what ever the condition.

They are good pics shows the condiions well. there brave guys racing in conditions like those

I don't think my household insurance (which does cover me for personal gear outside the house, like my camera) would cover "well i was using my non-waterproof camera in the drenching rain and now it doesn't work" ;-)

thanks for the comments guys...

all shots were taken from the stands in the relative dry. Just a little bit of spray with the wind

Nice shots, watched the race on TV the weather looked terrible!

Bit of fence on #9 (Nori San)...??

But I think all of it adds up to the atmosphere of a gopping day.

It looked more like power boat racing on Eurosport :D

Bit of fence on #9 (Nori San)...??

But I think all of it adds up to the atmosphere of a gopping day.

It looked more like power boat racing on Eurosport :D

nope

he was following another bike that I just cropped out

it was a very good but wet day and to cap it off I had a 2 hour drive back home in the pouring rain!

nope
it was a very good but wet day and to cap it off I had a 2 hour drive back home in the pouring rain!

Ha, think yourself lucky, I didn't get home until 11.30. Rain until of all places Manchester and I finally thawed out about Gretna! :bang:

I like them, in fact I like them more because of the wet and rain, you don't get reflections like in No.2 on a bright sunny day (y)

Back