ww2 colour

RKC

Name
Bob
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone know how to create WW2 colour film effect in Photoshop, believe it would have been Kodachrome.
Have tried searching for a tutorial but I seem to be going around in circles in the world that is www. :D

Anyone know how to create WW2 colour film effect in Photoshop, believe it would have been Kodachrome.
Have tried searching for a tutorial but I seem to be going around in circles in the world that is www. :D

Kodachrome was certainly around, made around the mid 1930's, but it it had to be sent away for processing, which meant many people wouldn't use it at first. A lot of the photos from that time that you see are hand coloured black and white pics.
Do you have a link to some pics your trying to match the look of? We can better advise if we know what your trying to mimic.

Kodachrome was certainly around, made around the mid 1930's, but it it had to be sent away for processing, which meant many people wouldn't use it at first. A lot of the photos from that time that you see are hand coloured black and white pics.
Do you have a link to some pics your trying to match the look of? We can better advise if we know what your trying to mimic.

Hi Wayne
Not really apart from in my head, basically I set my self a challenge every now and then.
I have a photograph of a hurricane which I though I would process as an old print, using probably textures. Basically creating a vintage look then I thought how would colour film have looked to try and make it look authentic, in my head when I have seen old colour or B&W coloured, I am thinking the colour is maybe saturated a bit and or possibly a bit vibrant :shrug:

something like the first 3 images in this thread

Look at the split toning options in camera raw.
I looked up some online and the ones I saw had the blues and yellows saturated, and magenta/cyan in the shadows/highlights, I'd be tempted to lower contrast a bit too.

Look at the split toning options in camera raw.
I looked up some online and the ones I saw had the blues and yellows saturated, and magenta/cyan in the shadows/highlights, I'd be tempted to lower contrast a bit too.

Cheers Wayne for the tip (y)

Back