www.onestop-digital.com

Yes - I ordered a nifty fifty from.them at the end of last year.

Excellent service.

Got several thousands of pounds worth of kit via them - faster delivery than many UK based set ups.

Used them about 4 years ago to get some lenses eg 85/1.4, 17-55/2.8 and they were very efficient but it's imported stock obviously but a LOT cheaper than UK stock!

What are the disadvantages of imported stock as I will be buying my kit very soon :)

What are the disadvantages of imported stock as I will be buying my kit very soon :)

I'd imagine that the warranty would mean having to return the item to Hong Kong if anything needs repair under the warranty. Never had any issues with the lenses I purchased. The end result is new kit for less than the second hand price of used kit.

boliston said:
Used them about 4 years ago to get some lenses eg 85/1.4, 17-55/2.8 and they were very efficient but it's imported stock obviously but a LOT cheaper than UK stock!

Some are quite a bit less some not so, you still need to check

Canon 100-400 £1175.63 one stop,warehouse express £1239

Some are quite a bit less some not so, you still need to check

Canon 100-400 £1175.63 one stop,warehouse express £1239

The differences between UK prices and Onestop don't seem to be as much now as they were a few years ago. Perhaps import duty has gone up, as they always refund this as part of their service (at least they used to).

Just bought a 10 - 20 from them and there was £100 quid saving, ordered on Monday afternoon was with me for 10am Wednesday morning

The differences between UK prices and Onestop don't seem to be as much now as they were a few years ago. Perhaps import duty has gone up, as they always refund this as part of their service (at least they used to).

Depends on the item, I was looking for a Sekonic lightmeter and the discount on the higher-spec models was fantastic, the discount on lenses and cameras is much more variable and you need to have a good understanding of the UK webprice (PCB, etc) to know if it's automatically a good deal.

Surprisingly rapid delivery, I've frequently had much slower delivery from UK based suppliers. They're certainly a supplier I will always check for a price. Very satisfied with their service.

What's the situation with customs taxes, does it eliminate any benefits?

What's the situation with customs taxes, does it eliminate any benefits?

OSD take steps to ensure that you don't get hit for tax or duty on import, in the event that they do you send them proof of payment and they refund the amount you had to pay. I've never had to use this system, so I can't speak for how rapid/easy it is.

Back