X-Rite Color Munki

Name
Bazza
Edit My Images
Yes
I am thinking about making a purchase of this product, does anyone have any thoughts about it.
One thing I did notice is the licence is only for 3 computers and I was thinking along the lines of installing it on an external hard drive so it can be used on any computer. I would appreciate thoughts on this as well.

Thank you in advance for your information

Realspeed

Looked at the Munki at focus. From what I saw it did seem to do a good job.

As far as loading the software onto a hard disk I suspect this may not work. The Munki itself may contain a piece of software that checks some ID within the computer system. Plus I suspect an entry needs to be added to the computer registry or some other location as well, so that an external hard drive may not overcome the licence problem.

I have one and IMHO, it's superb.

IIRC, an edition of Professional Photographer slated it, stating that they couldn't get the print and monitor to calibrate together. I've managed it, plus a few other togs that I know are happy with theirs....

It's a lot of money, but does match profiles perfectly between laptop/PC/MAC and printer :) Software seems easy to set up and use as well ;)

We have a couple here at work. It's not bad, but not the best option imo. Our colour calibration guy (Comes in to create paper profiles etc) did a test on it, measuring it against a professional colourimiter and recons it does an ok job at paper profiling, but isn't great at monitor profiling. Im sticking to using the Gretag macbeth I1 Display 2 instead.

One thing I did notice is the licence is only for 3 computers and I was thinking along the lines of installing it on an external hard drive so it can be used on any computer. I would appreciate thoughts on this as well.

Randomly I just got an emial through from Xrite;

3-Seat License Policy Change
Now you can install and run your ColorMunki software on any number of computers that you own! We've been listening to our customers, to the blogs and the many forums that state the ColorMunki 3-seat end-user license policy is difficult to adhere to. Many photographers have indicated that they have more than 3 systems in their studio, and they would like to freely move the device around.

Therefore, X-Rite is immediately changing the 3-seat license policy within ColorMunki Photo and extending the use to an unlimited number of seats. We have posted the new End User License Agreement (EULA) in the ColorMunki Support page found through the Support tab on colormunki.com/photo.

Share the news with your friends and colleagues!

Thought people might be interested.

Thats great news MK. At least one company sits up and takes notice of their customer concerns. Well done X-Rite

Realspeed

Back