X-T3 focus mode button

Name
Rick
Edit My Images
No
Hi,

I have an X-T3 with the grip and have been having problems with accidentally catching the focus mode button (Manual / Continuous / Single focus mode) while shooting, has anyone else had a similar problem, and if so is there a way of disabling or locking this button temporarily?

Last edited:
Hi Nick, I don't mean the focus "stick" on the rear, I mean the switch on the camera front which changes between continuous, manual and single focus mode. :)
Ah silly me, no I’ve never had that problem. I always have my hand gripping the underneath of the lens, I’ve always shot with bid heavy long lenses so I never grip the body with my left hand.

If it's anything like the one on the XH1, I would presume it's the same, you'd have to be almost intentionally switching it with your fingers. Grip or no, I too would have my left hand only ever under the lens, not on the grip or body when shooting.

If it's anything like the one on the XH1, I would presume it's the same, you'd have to be almost intentionally switching it with your fingers. Grip or no, I too would have my left hand only ever under the lens, not on the grip or body when shooting.
Having just tried that it seems that wold alleviate the problem I have been having. I'll give this a go :)

Back