x100 Football Fans - Hipstamatic

Name
Marcus
Edit My Images
Yes
Having not done very well at sticking to 365s etc over the years I've decided to try and set myself a new project to photograph a minimum of x100 Football Fans along with a short interview/fact file for each person I photograph :)

Having just got my very first iPhone I've decided to shoot the entire project using the iPhone 6 and an app called Hipstamatic to give each photo a similar look..

I will be shooting a mixture of family, friends and strangers - so hopefully with shooting via the iPhone I'll always have it with me if I see someone that supports a team I've not managed to capture so far.. (y)

I'm hoping to get a good mix between young and older fans as well as a varied mix between local and international teams supported..

So my first x3 photos for the new project are as follows:
Football Fans x100: Leeds by Marcus Berry, on Flickr

Name: Lewis
Team: Leeds United
Years Supporting Club: 6
Favorite Player: Sol Bamba
Season Hopes: Promotion to the Premiership :)

[url=https://flic.kr/p/ytQHL4]Football Fans x100: Newcastle by Marcus Berry, on Flickr[/URL]

Name: Brian
Team: Newcastle United
Years Supporting Club: 4yrs
Favorite Player: Alan Shearer
What is the most frustrating thing being a Newcastle fan: Losing to Sunderland for the past x2 seasons! :mad:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/zqLXrF]Football Fans x100: Chelsea by Marcus Berry, on Flickr[/URL]

Name: Luke
Team: Chelsea
Years Supporting Club: 2yrs
Favorite Player: Pedro
If money was no object who would your dream signing be: Neuer or Arjen Robben

Last edited:
It's good to see a project like this concentrating on people with a shared interest rather than unconnected people.

Thanks Dave - yes hopefully the combination of shared interest and being processed in the same styles will make for a project that works well (y)

Image #4 taken this week (y)

Football Fans x100: Queen of the South by Marcus Berry, on Flickr

Name: John
Team: Queen of the South

When asked why he supported Queen of the South, John replied:

"I don't know much about Queen of the South actually but wear the shirt with pride as my Dad had a trial for them back in the 1940s but couldn't sign for them as he was relocated due to an illness in the family"

These should look good as you progress and see them all together..
I used to use hipstamatic a lot, it's pretty funky with all the lens and gel flash combos..

Am glad I'm not the only one that couldn't stick to a 365 lol

These should look good as you progress and see them all together..
I used to use hipstamatic a lot, it's pretty funky with all the lens and gel flash combos..

Am glad I'm not the only one that couldn't stick to a 365 lol

Thanks hun - yes the 365 was to much for me lol - however a couple of smaller projects I can add to as and when possible seems to work much better (y)

Thanks hun - yes the 365 was to much for me lol - however a couple of smaller projects I can add to as and when possible seems to work much better (y)

Haha yeah I agree, I've been toying with a project or 2 as well. Something fun and like you say something with no time constraints :D

If you're doing it for fun take the photos when you feel like it. I go months without doing anything for some of my projects then have a flurry of activity!

Haha yeah I agree, I've been toying with a project or 2 as well. Something fun and like you say something with no time constraints :D

If you're doing it for fun take the photos when you feel like it. I go months without doing anything for some of my projects then have a flurry of activity!

Yes spot on Ed - thats why I've chosen a couple of projects that I can just chip away at as and when the weather and my health allows.. much easier doing it that way than feeling under pressure to have to take shots more regularly... keeps it fun (y)

Back