Xbox 1 or PS4

Skyline

Emmet Brickowski
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
I own a 360 at the moment. It's still working but is annoying when I have to load the disc 3 or 4 times for it to read a game, any game.
Soooooooo, I thinking about a new console.

Is it true you can't just play a someone else's game on the xbox one. There would be a fee to play it?

I found out from Game today that my 360 games won't play on the xbox one. Hmm.

Anyone own either? If so, how are you getting on with it? Do you like it, not like it, bugs etc?

you can buy preowned xbox one games. 360 games wont work on the new gen just as ps3 games wont.

they are now the same price and xbox has the ability in future to output 4k whereas the ps4 doesn't. I went from 360 to xbox one as I prefer the console. the ps4 is more powerful but the software sucks potatoes in my opinion.

plus I have 105000 gamescore points and I haaaate the playstations crappy trophy system. also the xbox offers a 'snap to' picture in picture system.

Cool. So you can play a game if someone lends you one.

I've got the Xbox one, I bought it on release day last year after having 4 or was it 5 360's.

Absolutely love it, and yes, you can play other people's games (y)

Buy both,cause at the end of the day its about the games,and if some titles are exclusive you know you will want to play them :D

If you like playing games in 720p get an xbox, if you prefer 1080p get a PS4 ;)

I have both, PS4 wins hands down for me, for instance i bought a PSVita for £80 and when i'm away from home as long as i have wifi i can play my PS4 games on it, which is ace.

PS4 now has 'shareplay'

Last edited:
Is it true you can't just play a someone else's game on the xbox one.

All games have to be installed to run on the X1 but as long as you have the disc in the console the game will play regardless of who bought it.

There would be a fee to play it?

The only fee is Xbox live gold for multiplayer, same as with the 360.

Anyone own either? If so, how are you getting on with it? Do you like it, not like it, bugs etc?

I currently have a gaming PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Nintendo 3DS, & Nintendo Wii U.

While the X1 doesn't get the most use from me at the moment (3DS takes that honour) it's a very good machine that's improved a huge amount since launch.

It's down a little on power compared to the PS4 but if that really bothers you i'd suggest a gaming PC instead. I find the software & controller the most important parts of a console (other than the games obviously) and i have to say that i think the X1 controller is even better than the 360 one. The force feedback through the triggers for one makes a huge difference in racing games.

The only thing i really don't like about the new generation of consoles is the install times of some of the games. Some of the day 1 patches have been huge and as i can only get a 2ish meg internet connection the downloads can take hours.

I have always been a Xbox man, but switched to PS4 for this generation. The hardware is a little better (not that you'd notice unless you compared side by side), but what really swung it for me was the games, The Last Of Us, I couldn't miss out on the sequels to that game. No Man's Sky looks great. Any good platform exclusives on XB1 usually come to PC as well so not really going to miss out.

It's pretty much the same as arguing over smartphones these days. They are just a platform, it's the applications/games that should drive your decision.

No Man's Sky looks great. Any good platform exclusives on XB1 usually come to PC as well so not really going to miss out.

No mans sky is only a timed exclusive so should come to PC & X1 in time.

Luckily i'll have Elite: Dangerous to fill the time with while i wait for a PC or Xbox version.

Bit disappointed with the way Elite has developed. Played through beta but think I'm going to park it until some later content releases come out. Bit dull at present.

Thanks for all the help :clap:

The controller is a massive part. I'll get myself back to Game and have a feel of both.

I've moved from Xbox 360 to PS4, and have no regrets whatsoever.....the PS4 controller is far better than it's predecessors!

I've moved from Xbox 360 to PS4, and have no regrets whatsoever.....the PS4 controller is far better than it's predecessors!

Only problem, the battery only lasts around six hours, and can't be swapped. I have a portable battery pack lying around for emergencies!

Buy both,cause at the end of the day its about the games,and if some titles are exclusive you know you will want to play them :D

Yes exactly its the games that matter we have always had xbox as xbox has had more first person shooting games (Halo and Gears of war for example)
I especially love Halo and that's why we went for the xbox one
Bungies new game Destiny is amazing
though that is available on both playstation and xbox:)

Last edited:
TBH, the Wii U has the best title line up the moment......Bayonetta 2 is immense! :)

I don't know what's better between the two. For me it was down to personal preference (but I do agree with Giovanni's comment), and if you Google "xbox vs PS" then you'll be there all day with fanboy's arguing like cat and dog, then also the PC MASTER RACE comments now and again lol.

I've not long got a PS4 but I still play my 360, probably more than the PS4. For me it depends who of my friends I feel like playing with lol. A lot of my friends are still using the 360 yet others are on the PS4. After Christmas a lot of them on the 360 are getting the xbox one so I'll probably end up buying one as well. I have played both and I must admit I prefer the PS4, but in all honestly there's not a lot of difference between them. I'm simply getting an xbox one to play with other friends.

Also modding the 360 is a lot easier than any new console or the PS3 ;)

Edit: Also the main reason I still play the Xbox 360 is Forza 4. No other driving game comes close to the simulation.

Last edited:
Yes exactly its the games that matter we have always had xbox as xbox has had more first person shooting games (Halo and Gears of war for example)
I especially love Halo and that's why we went for the xbox one
Bungies new game Destiny is amazing
though that is available on both playstation and xbox:)

I did like Destiny to start with, but the way they are forking over xbox players is just stupid. Plus you're paying £20 for a few extra strikes, missions and 2 extra levels which is going to be an absolute grind to get to of the same content (which is already on the disk, you just pay to unlock it). For me the best part of the game was trading it in for £19 lol. I wasn't keen on paying them to play an unfinished game.

Last edited:
I have both (xbox = strumstrum psn = jough if anyone wants to add me) and would find it hard to choose between the two although I currently have no PS4 exclusives yet I have and love a few on XB1 (FH2 & Sunset OD & Fantasia I really enjoy)... I think probably the PS4 has the nicer frontend and things do tend to be quicker as in it seems easier to get from the homescreen to the store, although you can pin stuff on XB1 just like you can in Windows Metro but I still prefer navigating on the PS4.

checking on the exclusives they have to offer is the way to decide.

We had an xbox360 and a ps3 always preferred the 360 but that might be because we had it from launch only had the ps3 a couple of years. I now have a ps4 it's okay but I wish I'd bought an x1. Only game left on the ps4 I'm looking forward to is drakes new outing and that's ages away. Will probably look to try and swap it soon

I did like Destiny to start with, but the way they are forking over xbox players is just stupid. Plus you're paying £20 for a few extra strikes, missions and 2 extra levels which is going to be an absolute grind to get to of the same content (which is already on the disk, you just pay to unlock it). For me the best part of the game was trading it in for £19 lol. I wasn't keen on paying them to play an unfinished game.

yes you are right they should have released it as a single game and not charged more for the extra missions but its an amazing game that draws you in its one of a few that I have played the missions many times
I can play coop with the missus or just do multiplayer team coop to do a mission which is really good:)

yes you are right they should have released it as a single game and not charged more for the extra missions but its an amazing game that draws you in its one of a few that I have played the missions many times
I can play coop with the missus or just do multiplayer team coop to do a mission which is really good:)

I probably just played it too much lol. Got one character to 29 and another to 28. traded it in on the 360 but I still have it on the PS4. I'll probably play it some point but when I can be bothered building up another character:rolleyes:

Fanboy in the context you said it was not exactly flattering was it.

Posts have been deleted.

Fanboy.. some one who puts one thing down in order to defend another brand. My 1st comment was unbias and accurate.

Id show my disgust the way you handled this but youd only delete my post.

Fanboy.. some one who puts one thing down in order to defend another brand. My 1st comment was unbias and accurate.

Id show my disgust the way you handled this but youd only delete my post.

Or you could have just accepted a moderator decision as per the rules and moved on, or used the contact us button if you wanted to question it. The 2nd choice is still an option, moving on is not, back on track please.

Or you could have just accepted a moderator decision as per the rules and moved on, or used the contact us button if you wanted to question it. The 2nd choice is still an option, moving on is not, back on track please.

Id click the contact button but your app doesnt have one. And i wont accept a poor decision. i will put this to rest as i dont wish to waste my time but the mods decisions are suspect at the best of times

You know the DLC is on the disk how exactly? A lot of unwarranted noise from some people about Destiny. It's a damn sight more polished and complete than most AAA titles that come out these days.

I would have liked a little more content, but there's enough variety to keep you interested. The raid is awesome, looking forward to the new one :)

Well I bought one from Game. The xbox one. Got a black Friday deal late afternoon yesterday. Glad I didn't go to Tesco's or Asda to get it lol :D
Xbox one assassin's creed bundle 299.

Today I went in and traded my 7 year old 360. The old girl was on her last legs so please they took it for £50. Plus I got £30+ for some games and a battery charger.
With that I got,
Call of duty advanced warfare £30
Forza horizon 2 £30
Extra controller £20
Minecraft and a lego game for one of the Grandkids

Some ok deals to be had.

I have got a very good condition Kinect and 4 games for but I wasn't going to let them have that as it's had very little use.

It will be on TP in a min if anyone is interested.

i looked heavily into xbox one and ps4

from what i could see ps4 had advantage over ram etc but they way xbox one was it was similar but more stable from what i had read before it was released

i made the choice for xbox one for one simple reason - it was a entertainment system where as ps4 was more game based if that makes sense

not seen the ps4 in action so can't compare it

but the xbox one i find it miles better then the 360 everything connects and plays better I'm glad i bought it and not the ps4

My youngest has a 360 with loads of games, half of them are on 3 hard drives, can you down load the same games again to the X1 in x1 format or do you have to download new x1 games and pay again.

My youngest has a 360 with loads of games, half of them are on 3 hard drives, can you down load the same games again to the X1 in x1 format or do you have to download new x1 games and pay again.

Some (but not all) you can play on the XBone. There's a list I saw somewhere of the 360 games you can play on the XBone, I'll try and look it out but for most of them it will be a case of starting over.

I read different and was told different by GAME. I'll have a look into it, only passing on info I was told.

yeah they gave you wrong info Paul, you get some cross purchases with downloaded from store games where if you purchased on 360/PS3 then you can download for free on XB1/PS4 but TBH I find this happens a lot more on Playstation.. in fact I can only think of 2 for Xbox, 1 is you can buy a cross purchase CoD:Ghosts and 2 is your table purchases on 360 Zen Pinball 2 are free to download on XB1.

I read different and was told different by GAME. I'll have a look into it, only passing on info I was told.

They told you wrong, which probably isn't that surprising for Game. Neither the X1 nor PS4 are backwards compatible.

The best anyone may get in the future is a partial emulator or more likely a streaming service like playstations Gaikai where the game is run on a server in the cloud but you'll almost certainly have to re-buy it that way anyway.

No one should want backwards compatibility anyway though as it compromises the new design and if they really want to play old games they should just keep their old console.

Edit: Or use a PC and have all the fun of trying to keep everything working....

Last edited:
Ah well, yet again I'm getting taken for a mug haha.

No one should want backwards compatibility anyway though as it compromises the new design and if they really want to play old games they should just keep their old console.

Edit: Or use a PC and have all the fun of trying to keep everything working....

I use my PC for many emulators to play old games. A lot of the time I'm caught on the PC playing Zelda or Doom 95 rather than the xbox or playstation :D. I even have Canon Fodder and Lemmings from the Amiga.

Back