XH558 Vulcan at Blackpool

Edit My Images
No
Not something I'd normal do, but I went to Blackpool Airshow sunday, lots of different planes on display, but let’s be honest we really only went to see one.

It was quite cloudy with only a small patch of blue sky as you can see. I only took the 100-400 stupidly leaving the 1.4 extender at home :(

19817128303_ee61ab6bc8_b.jpg

1_D4_9096.jpg

1_D4_9277.jpg

1_D4_9173.jpg

Saw it fly over Skipton on Sunday and was a great sight and very unexpected

Stunning shots

Funnily enough i was at the Yorkshire Wildlife Park on Sunday and saw it taking off from Robin Hood Airport which i just behind the park

I already have my tickets booked for the Great Yorkshire Airshow in Leeds where it is booked to fly at the end of September............... can't wait

What a stunning set (y)

Thanks for sharing :)

Thanks Chaps.

She wasn't as loud as I expected, someone said they are being very careful with the engines now.

Love the 3rd one with the wing tip vortices, not seen that before. Nice to see a different photo of the Vulcan as they are often all a bit "samey".

David

Very cool. Interesting what you can do with 400mm and someone who knows what they are doing.

Beautiful shots. So sad that this is her last season flying.

Love the 3rd one with the wing tip vortices, not seen that before. Nice to see a different photo of the Vulcan as they are often all a bit "samey".

David
Cheers again guys

Dave I feel the same about the Red Arrows, one of the reason I didn't stop to see them. I too have never seen the circular wing tip vortices before, pretty chuffed I'd got something a little diffrent.

All of those are really good, it won't be long before there are no epic jets at airshows

Number three ! Its really great capture. I was gonna ask what you shooting with but I see now its top notch stuff :/

Only way is for the big companies to stump up some cash.....that will help the cause to keep Vulcan flying...;)
Great set of images there... Macko:) I watched her at Blackpool....great sight always amazing sight.

Just happened to walk out of the cabin at work in Skipton for a two minute break the day of the Blackpool show and staggered to see it flying over but much much quieter than last time many years ago at a show.

Amazing sight

Which came first, Concorde or Vulcan ?? Very similar silhouette

Back