Xiaomi phones

Well, I've had the Note 5 almost a week now.

The good:
Bigger, hires screen makes reading books a more pleasant experience.
Slightly faster processor means the phone is a little quicker to use.
Camera better in low light, possibly stabilised in some fashion (this wasn't expected).

The less than ideal:
Battery life a little shorter - expected with bigger screen & thirstier processor.
Icons are smaller, makes apps harder to find.
MIUI 10 has even more options that need setting than MIUI 9, and it takes AGES.
The bigger screen makes for a b*st*rd huge phone, and I really miss the pocketability and lower weight of the 4X.

I've ended up buying the exact same case that I had the 4X in - grey leather look - because the thin TPU case that comes with the phone just didn't feel protective enough, but it's upped the bulk a little more.

All this talk about Notes. My work mobile is a Note 8. I hate the thing!

£150 from Gearbest (from HK) https://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_1660532.html?wid=1349303#goodsDetail

Or get a gold case for a couple of quid: https://www.gearbest.com/cases-leather/pp_1712501.html?wid=1433363

FWIW the blue version also has a white front, so with a case on it looks the same as the gold one unless you have a transparent case.

Found it on ebay from what looks like a reputable UK seller for £158 for Gold with the 4GB/64GB option

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xiaomi-R...m=123057558506&_trksid=p2045573.c101006.m3226

personally the Xiomi Mi A1/2/3 are terrific, well reviewed. depending on the price you want to pay.
Easily available on Ebay with 12 months guarantee

Try one and see at that price if you fancy one because there is guarantee a top £800 Samsung or whatever will be good or good service.
The Galaxy s6 models had a screen fault where a horrible line would show the length of the phone.
Samsung denied it was a fault on their part and made all the customers pay in full for the repair that they should have done for free.
The s4 I had was awful and full of bugs.

I think the Notes they’re discussing are the cheap Xiaomi Notes, not the flagship Samsung ;)

I think the word cheap and flagship can't really be used here and sound a bit condescending really.
One phone is £900 and the other is £170 and offers different value for people who simply want to spend less.

I suspect you own the a flagship phone you so speak of and look down on other lesser phones.

I think the word cheap and flagship can't really be used here and sound a bit condescending really.
One phone is £900 and the other is £170 and offers different value for people who simply want to spend less.

I suspect you own the a flagship phone you so speak of and look down on other lesser phones.

Can someone run that through google translate please.

I think you’re throwing a tantrum over a perceived slight that is non existent.

The Xiaomi Note series are cheap phones, yes?
The Galaxy Note series are the flagship Samsung phone, yes?
The Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s or Mi 8 Pro would be considered the flagship Xiaomi phone, yes?

I think you have a inferiority complex that makes you insecure and should get some help for it ;).

Last edited:
I think you’re throwing a tantrum over a perceived slight that is non existent.

The Xiaomi Note series are cheap phones, yes?
The Galaxy Note series are the flagship Samsung phone, yes?
The Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s or Mi 8 Pro would be considered the flagship Xiaomi phone, yes?

I think you have a inferiority complex that makes you insecure and should get some help for it ;).

W H A T E V E R...

And I suppose whatever handset you have is reasonable priced not an overhyped rip off piece of profit for some megacorp.

blah
blah

W H A T E V E R...

And I suppose whatever handset you have is reasonable priced not an overhyped rip off piece of profit for some megacorp.

blah
blah

Seriously? You are having some weird childish tantrum over what?

Just bought a mi A2 Lite for my daughter, I cannot fault the phone for £100 (used two week old). Feels solid, has android and works well.

W H A T E V E R...

blah
blah

You’re being a childish idiot, what does my phone have to do with describing a cheap phone as cheap or a flagship phone as a flagship?

As I said, the Xiaomi Notes are cheap phones, that is a fact, not an insult. The Xiaomi flagship would be something like the Mi 8 Pro or Mi Mix 2s, or do you want to argue that’s wrong?

I bought a Redmi note 3 pro 2 years ago after my S6 went for a swim, and it's still working great. It's still getting regular updates, it's on MIUI global v 10.1 currently. The only thing I don't like about it is the camera, in anything but the best lighting conditions images are soft and smudgey.

We got our daughter the Redmi note pro 6 for Christmas and it's a very nice phone, the screen is fantastic, looks better than her mam's Nokia 7, the phone overall has better spec for half the money.

Last edited:
Back