xmas day - first shots in RAW

Name
Anna
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

These were shot on xmas day (sorry MORE of the kids!), not great portraits but as i have just started shooting in raw i'd appreciate some feedback a i'm not sure i've got the processing sussed just yet.

C&C also welcome on the shots themselves

Thanks

20081225_2377small.jpg

20081225_2395small.jpg

20081225_2388small.jpg

Last edited:
Its a pity you've cropped off her head in the first as it's an excellent capture. Very cute little look. Needs straightening though (unless the slant is intentional, in which case it needs straightening :p )
The white balance may need adjusting slightly towards magenta as it looks a little yellow/green (only very slightly).

The second shot I reall like as is. Good crop, great angle, nice lighting.

The third is spoiled by the big brown foreground object (table?). You could try cropping closer to remove or cloning it out, but I'm not sure the shot is worth the hassel.

1 need white balance fixing, but generally white balance is good, exposure is good, focus is good, fill flash is subtle.

Great!

Composition is a little lacking, but you knew that anyway. It may help to get right down so that you're taking pictures from the subject's eye level, or even below.

Thanks thats really useful feedback everyone

Sidxms, i do have a flash diffuser already....i guess it helps if i take it out my bag???:shake:

Thanks again!

Back