XP2 160?

ChrisR

I'm a well known grump...
Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Somewhere in the last 24 hours I've read an article that mentioned Ilford XP2 160! Is there such a film? I'd like to meet it if so.

It may of course be authorial confusion as Portra 160 was mentioned in the next paragraph...

(For the life of me I can't remember the source, whether in a blog, newsletter, or newspaper!)

Chromogenic C-41 films have been ISO400 only for sometime.

(Ilford XP2, Kodak BW400CN, Fuji Neopan 400CN)

Sounds like a misprint - as far as I'm aware XP2 has only ever been 400.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Shame though, I'd like a C41 mono film. OTOH I remember Steve saying Vista does a good mono conversion...

Yes, you can get the 400 ISO XP2 in Boots on a B1G1HP deal... I'm not hugely enamoured of it (rather contrasty, not subtle) and it's a little fast for summer, but it's nice to have a C41 mono film for low cost commercial processing...

Yeah, that's what I thought. Shame though, I'd like a C41 mono film. OTOH I remember Steve saying Vista does a good mono conversion...

Chris, I am only a snapper but much of my mono work starts its life as Agfa vista 200, then converted in Lightroom using standard presets. I am often pleased with the results.

XP2 is nominally 400, though if you were to treat it like 160 you'd never know you were technically wrong. (It's good from 25 to 800 as long as you watch you highlights in the former and shadows in the latter)

Back