xqd/cardflash reader

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
Hi all, ive been looking but can,t find a combined xqd/cf card reader does anyone do one or do i need one of each? cheers in advance Mike.

I've looked for all options over the last year but I don't recall ever seeing that combination.

cheers guys and girls i have an sd/cf reader but wanted to just use one reader instead of two thanks sort of confirmed what i thought strange considering the Nikon d4s has this combination

yeah i saw that but VERY EXPENSIVE
I think it was aimed at Professionals, hence all the different available combinations, and the prices. ;) I assume it would be solidly built though. :)

With Lexar no longer 'in the business' though current availability and long term support could be problems. It may be possible to pick the system up cheaply at some point if few want to pay top dollar, and companies want to get rid of stock.

I've been tempted by the Sony XQD/SD card reader, but haven't got round to tracking one down yet. I have CF card readers, but my current cameras don't use them. But they are they there if I use the older cameras. I connect the current camera via USB 3 when needed to transfer images until I get the XQD card reader.

I think it was aimed at Professionals, hence all the different available combinations, and the prices. ;) I assume it would be solidly built though. :)

With Lexar no longer 'in the business' though current availability and long term support could be problems. It may be possible to pick the system up cheaply at some point if few want to pay top dollar, and companies want to get rid of stock.

I've been tempted by the Sony XQD/SD card reader, but haven't got round to tracking one down yet. I have CF card readers, but my current cameras don't use them. But they are they there if I use the older cameras. I connect the current camera via USB 3 when needed to transfer images until I get the XQD card reader.
I,m the same i now no longer need sd but xqd and no one does an xqd/cf card reader despite it being one of Nikons flagship cameras (d4s) very strange!!!

I use a Sony XQD card reader but use a Lexar Cf abd Sd card reader.
thats exactly the combo i will have now Mark, bit anoying really do you think that a xqd/cf card reader is a bit to limited in its general requirements i.e. mostly pro use therefore wont sell vast numbers?

I'm guessing that many photographer will have already had a CF card reader from older models and only needed to get an XQD reader when that format appeared in their new cameras.

I'm guessing that many photographer will have already had a CF card reader from older models and only needed to get an XQD reader when that format appeared in their new cameras.
just what i was thinking but its the limited number of usb ports on the back of my imac (4) that means i have to unplug another one each time I download a card. the usb"s are on the back pita.:(

just what i was thinking but its the limited number of usb ports on the back of my imac (4) that means i have to unplug another one each time I download a card. the usb"s are on the back pita.:(

Direct download from the camera?

Back