XT32 not triggered all strobes.

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I wonder if anyone can shed any light on the issue I am currently having.

I have 3 SK300 version II's and an XT32N and when I press the shutter button on the camera only 1 flash will fire. The one that fires is the same one that the current group and channel are set to on the XT32.

I have the lights all on Group A and on channel 1,2 and 3. If I set the trigger to Group A and channel 2 then channel 2 is the strobe that will be triggered but not the other two. If I then change the trigger to channel 1, only the channel 1 strobe will fire. This is the same for channel 3. At any one time only 1 strobe will fire when the shutter button is pressed and not all 3.

I understand you select the group and channel to change the power output of each light individually but I would presume that all the lights should flash when I press the shutter button and not just the last group and channel currently selected to have the power output changed.

Hi

I wonder if anyone can shed any light on the issue I am currently having.

I have 3 SK300 version II's and an XT32N and when I press the shutter button on the camera only 1 flash will fire. The one that fires is the same one that the current group and channel are set to on the XT32.

I have the lights all on Group A and on channel 1,2 and 3. If I set the trigger to Group A and channel 2 then channel 2 is the strobe that will be triggered but not the other two. If I then change the trigger to channel 1, only the channel 1 strobe will fire. This is the same for channel 3. At any one time only 1 strobe will fire when the shutter button is pressed and not all 3.

I understand you select the group and channel to change the power output of each light individually but I would presume that all the lights should flash when I press the shutter button and not just the last group and channel currently selected to have the power output changed.
You've got your channels and groups mixed up.

The groups are for different power levels, all the flashes have to be the same channel.

Ah right, great thanks for that. I was getting confused by the fact that me the group would be the collection of lights and the channel is what each light would be on in a certain group. Thanks for the advice, I will give it a go in the morning.

I tried the lights again and they worked perfectly. Many thanks to both of you for your advice. Much appreciated.

Back