Critique Yamaha R6

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Today was the first time I've really had a go of my new 70-200 2.8L IS ii and by god its sharp. I thought my 100-400 was sharp but this thing is ridiculous. Took a few shots of my mates R6 with it.

It's also the first time I've tried any off camera flash stuff too. Straight in at the deep end, HSS off camera flash @ f2.8 = me fumbling about trying to figure out what setting changes what. I think I managed ok, the flash looks quite ..... invisible? You can still see a huge difference in the shots without it, the fairings were dark and the colour of the bike was hard to make out. The flash has done its job of lifting the shadows and showing the colour of the bike a bit.

settings were ....

Canon 6D & Canon 70-200 2.8L
Yongnuo YN568EXii fired through a white brolly (622c triggers)
200mm / f2.8 & various shutter speeds and ISO

And a daft one with my daughter sat on it :)

Let me know your thoughts

Nick

Last edited:
I think the lighting is very good! I like the composition of the 4th one with the rear view!

Lovely sharp and some good natural colour processing..

I think the lighting is very good! I like the composition of the 4th one with the rear view!

Lovely sharp and some good natural colour processing..
Cheers Jacques. Hopefully going to try some more of this soon, nice to do something different to landscapes.

Just trying to read up on flash etc now so I can try and get my head around it all!

Back