Yashica A in COLOUR

Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a couple from a walk along the beach at Formby and in the pub afterwards. Both on a Yashica A and Provia film scanned with an Epson V500.

Statue by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Bush-scan by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Cheers and any thoughts or suggestions are most welcome.(y)

Andy

Top quality shots there Andy, Fantastic colour and beautiful to look at.

Just a couple from a walk along the beach at Formby and in the pub afterwards. Both on a Yashica A and Provia film scanned with an Epson V500...

Cheers and any thoughts or suggestions are most welcome.(y)

Andy

In the first, I like the way the statue's shadow leads to the group on the left, and they lead up to that wee cloud. But both the statue and the horizon seem bang central; would it be better with both off a bit?

The second one leaves me feeling pretty cold, TBH. There's something in the plastic texture of the bush and the livengness of the flowers, but it doesn't feel enough. I don't get the title either. Sorry!

Thanks very much Richard and Chris.

Chris, the 2nd shot was taken specifically because of that look of 'plasticness' of the bush and the contrasting 'livingness' of the flowers. But I do see your point, its not very interesting. The title is because this was scanned from the neg as opposed to the other version in the same folder which was taken from a disc.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Andy

Good images Andy, which reminds me I must blow the dust off my Yashica TLR and use it.

If it was me I may have cropped the 2nd one a little tighter in on the plastic plants, but well observed.

Thanks Nick, I'm really loving using a TLR, probably more than any other camera I've owned.

Andy

Back