Yashica AF and flash

Name
Bryan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey guys n girls :)

As you know I have a Yashica AF 35mm with the flash module as well, If i was interested in playing with multiple flash (strobist type thing) whats the best way? The flash isn't hotshoe but some weird proprietry type thing

Bry

0o0o0o0o0or Do i want to look at some of my other 35mm bodies to step in?

Bry

personally, I wouldn't be messing around with off-camera flash solely on film without a good flash-meter, and preferably proper studio-flash heads. Even then I found it a little hit and miss and pretty confusing. I'm just starting to get back to grips with using flash kit, and while i've taken a few frames on film, they'll be done after I've sorted things with a few dozen frames on the digital, and the settings copied over slavishly into the film camera.

As I say though, I'm still learning - and never did really get to grips with flash BITD., but I'm sure that there are some real experts that'll put you right.

Ok so if strobist on a film setup is a PITA, what would you guys recommend as a setup for portrait (ish)?

Partner runs a clothing company and I need photos of the clothes, Obviously modelled but model him/herself isn't as important as clothing...

Minolta and a 50mm?

Bry

Back