Yashica FX-3 Refurb

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Finally got round to giving my recent Ebay Yashica a new coat, mirror damper and seals today.

Before....
5704534215_2974e19324.jpg
[/url]
Yashica Front Pre by Raglansurf, on Flickr[/IMG]

5705100368_fc07f7105a.jpg
[/url]
Yashica Rear Pre by Raglansurf, on Flickr[/IMG]

After...
5705102412_c54b8ff881.jpg
[/url]
Yashica Front Post by Raglansurf, on Flickr[/IMG]

5704535551_8029ed678b.jpg
[/url]
Yashica Rear Post by Raglansurf, on Flickr[/IMG]

5704536453_d11bd7e5b5.jpg
[/url]
Yashica Seals Post by Raglansurf, on Flickr[/IMG]

Replacement leatherette from Cameraleather.com and seals from Interslice on Ebay, both are based in the states and provide brilliant service and advice if needed, although Cameraleather.com are a tad busy at the moment so you might wait a while for an answer to your query although their website answers most questions.

I could have got the classic Contax/Yashica leather but there didn't seem much point for such a cheap camera, it certainly looks a whole lot better even in the cheaper VH leatherette.

What a difference, nicely done.

Beautiful job Nick, looks great.

PS. I have that lens in an M42 and it is very sharp with great colour.

Last edited:
Lovely!

What did you use for the mirror bumper? Anything special? I've a camera that might need a replacement there.

Nice job. You could have gone a litle funky with the leatherette though! ;)

I know but it's such an uninspiring camera it really didn't justify the extra expense. It will probably end up back on the 'bay.

Lovely!

What did you use for the mirror bumper? Anything special? I've a camera that might need a replacement there.

The mirror bumper came as part of the seals kit from Jon Goodman, Interslice on Ebay.

That looks very nice indeed. I had a look at the cameraleather website, very interesting.

Andy

Good job!

Funny how the Yashica and Contax bodies go so tatty. Mind you I used to have a 139 and an RTS and they weren't too bad.

Good job!

Funny how the Yashica and Contax bodies go so tatty. Mind you I used to have a 139 and an RTS and they weren't too bad.

I've got a Contax 139 as well that was in just a bad state, I used the same leatherette for that and it's come up a treat.

Cool.

I like these manual reliable cameras.

The only thing I don't like about the FX3 ... is the shutter release. It's so easy to trip in a bag. There's no shutter lock :(

Back