yashica rangefinder

Edit My Images
No
has anyone changed the pad of death on one ? can it be done without taking the lens off ,,,,,and what did you use material wise ? its a minister 700 .

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
I've done it on my Yashica Electro 35G, I went all the way and removed the front panel that supports the lens but I think that with a lot of patience it is possible to clean up and glue a new Pad without removing the front.

Here a shot of the PoD without removing the front panel, as you can see, the pad is accessible from the top and with an improvised hook tool you could clean up and replace it:

And here the camera full open, the screwdriver show the interior face where the pad should be glued:

As a replacement I've carved the rubber feet from a Laptop computer, because it is shock resistant and it needs to be hard rubber but not too hard at the same time.

thanks ariel …..so knowing what you know now , would you still take it down as much as you did , or do with just the top off ?

To be completely honest... I would sell it and buy a GTN or GTS, those models do not suffer the PoD. Said that, I would try first to replace the PoD without opening the front, there is enough info and pictures on the net to know how it looks on the outside and inside, just remember to clean the metal surface really well before applying the glue. But keep in mind that my experience was with the Electro 35G only, I do not know how the Minister 700 is, in fact I was not even aware that the Minister had the PoD too. Are you 100% sure that the problem is the PoD?

definitely going to try and keep it because its a manual camera not auto like the others. not sure if that is the problem ,but wanted to have a plan in case it is.thanks for the reply .. cheers

Back