Yawn, back to bikes

dod

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ebenezer McScrooge III
Edit My Images
Yes
Just downloading to the PC just now but was a great days racing, decent weather for a change as well. Haven't really had time to go through them pproperly but this caught my eye :)

_MG_6089.jpg

Great shot. It looks like fun! (and Yay!!! no spiders in sight :))

great shot you get a real feel for the speed and dirt of the sport.
One of thes e days I`ll go watch some of that.

DJW said:
Back to what your best at :)

LOL, helps if you get good material, Sean MacDonald, winner of all 3 races in the Schoolboy 125 class, this guy is a future British Champ, no question.

_MG_5846.jpg

Amazing pics, enjoyed your other posts, but still good to see you back with the bikes;)

The rider in the final shot doesnt even look big enough for that thing, let alone able to throw it around like he is.

Really like the details of the first shot, dust, wheels in full motion, foot down anticipating the turn, all very good(y)

Warspite said:
Really like the details of the first shot, dust, wheels in full motion, foot down anticipating the turn, all very good(y)

Thanks Warspite, here's another similar :)

_MG_6880.jpg

DJW said:
Back to what your best at :)

Dave.

Although dod has mastered the Moto X I still have his Macro marked as his best subject. He has some very inspiring shots to the like I cannot match..:)

Nice shots Dod - can I ask what lens you were shooting with? Also do you pre-focus or use AF? I've been playing with pre-focusing for speedway stuff but can't get the hang of it yet! :bonk:

Witch said:
Nice shots Dod - can I ask what lens you were shooting with? Also do you pre-focus or use AF? I've been playing with pre-focusing for speedway stuff but can't get the hang of it yet! :bonk:

Sigma 70-200 F2.8, the version that's covered in brown dusty crap :D Can't recommend it highly enough. Looks even better since I took a couple of hours to clean my gear this morning.

Usually AIServo for this, exposures were manual or shutter priority, usually dialling in a 1/3 or 2/3 stop extra exposure if shutter priority. These guys tend to be shiny with body armour, reflections from the bikes and so on so the meter does get fooled on sunny days.

As far as possible I prefer to just let the camera follow the rider till the composition's right and then take a single shot. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, especially when there's a couple close together.

And BB, ta mate, too kind, I'm still nowhere near mastering this. This is easier than macro though, you just sit in one place and wait for the subject to come to you :LOL: (y)

Back