yay i got the shot i wanted :)

Name
janine
Edit My Images
Yes
well almost :LOL: i was playing with shutter speed and this was the best of 18 shots

4909960884_67b9b06d41.jpg

Looks very dark on my iPhone

it is a tad , i dont like to use a flash to close to Mildred as he can get a tad grumpy and has been known to strike at the flash :) bless him
i tried to lighten it a bit but not very well .... still practice makes perfect so they tell me :)

Hi Janine

I did a quick edit to remove the colour cast and brighten it up a bit

4909391013_001a62813b.jpg

Dave

you beauty, thanks :) what software did you use to do that and is it easy ? , and once again thanks :)

Hi Janine

I used Photoshop.

To remove the colour cast
I made a new transparent layer.
then with the eye dropper, I choose a what I thought should be a white on the right side as we look at it, of the jaw of your snake,
then filled the new layer with that colour,
next inverted the layer,
I then changed the layer mode to soft light.
Flattened the image
With the colour cast removed I then added a levels layer

By the way what kind of snake is it?

Dave

Last edited:
Daves edit was about as good as you can get from that image but just ran his edit through Noiseware Professional:

wevskyed1.jpg

(Hope you don't mind Dave :))

Hi Janine

I used Photoshop.

To remove the colour cast
I made a new transparent layer.
then with the eye dropper, I choose a what I thought should be a white on the right side as we look at it, of the jaw of your snake,
then filled the new layer with that colour,
next inverted the layer,
I then changed the layer mode to soft light.
Flattened the image
With the colour cast removed I then added a levels layer

By the way what kind of snake is it?

Dave

I was with you right up to ''i used photoshop'' then i got a tad lost :LOL: looks like im gonna be looking through a few tutorials for a bit :) that or get my 13yr old to help :)
and Mildred is a Carolina corn , he's 4yrs old and about 5 and a half feet long
and thanks again for the help :)

since u said u didnt want to use your flash why not open the curtains or set up some off camera light. just a thought, im new to this biz to

Daves edit was about as good as you can get from that image but just ran his edit through Noiseware Professional:

wevskyed1.jpg

(Hope you don't mind Dave :))

since u said u didnt want to use your flash why not open the curtains or set up some off camera light. just a thought, im new to this biz to

ohhh theres so much to learn :)

i would open the curtains but that scares my roachs :) ... may have to try some other lighting see how that turns out
thanks for suggestion :)

I'm not surprised he's grumpy, if it's a "HE" and has a name of Mildred

I thought that as well, poor chap.

:LOL: well i had to call him that really as my girl trantula was called george and if you have a george you have to have a mildred :LOL:

seriously though thanks for all the help , i will be looking at photoshop later and see if i can work it out :)

:LOL: well i had to call him that really as my girl trantula was called george and if you have a george you have to have a mildred :LOL:

:LOL:

Dave,

I've stopped using ninja now having got Noiseware professional! It is absolutely brilliant!

Hi Just downloaded the trial works great doesn't it(y) likin it

if your looking no not ''P'' him off you might be best using a desklamp overhead, some constant lighting will be much kinder than a harsh flash, i use the same process when trying to photograph my fishtanks....

hubby has several torches so i may end up nicking them from him to experiment with :)

Just another quick edit that might be less complicated than Dave's, hope you dont mind Dave im not trying to trample on you technique etc just offering another way.

Basically just in Photoshop Image, Adjust, Shadow and Highlight, and slide the shadow bar up a bit until your happy. also used noiseware.

Last edited:
Yes too many ways some times lol

Interesting to read all the different ways though!

Just another quick edit that might be less complicated than Dave's, hope you dont mind Dave im not trying to trample on you technique etc just offering another way.

Basically just in Photoshop Image, Adjust, Shadow and Highlight, and slide the shadow bar up a bit until your happy. also used noiseware.

No probs, theres lots of ways to do things,

my ways not that complicated though, its pretty basic WB correction

Yes too many ways some times lol

Interesting to read all the different ways though!

thanks guys , im still trying to get round to using photoshop , well i say use i get lost opening it :LOL:

Back