Yay My 1st DSLR

ppp

Edit My Images
Yes
Am quite a newbie to the photography game, have picked up a bit from my Dad over the years as he is mad keen on it and always has been since i was knee high, had a little coolpix 880 snappy 3mp thing he gave me to mess about with and i got hooked.

So.... I have just got my new D50 with 18-55 kit lens for £425 inc and a 2Gb High Speed 120x Kingston SD card for £70 inc, all in all i am well pleased :D and now have a lot to learn, but have started taking pics of everything just to get used to the camera and all it's settings, very different to the 880.

Will post some pics when they are any good.

P.S my Dad said he would get me a 70-300mm lens as an early birthday pressie, just in time to go to Silverstone F1 with in June.

Yippee what a great day!! :clap: :clap: :D :thumb:

Congratulations on the new camera, I only hope the weather improves so you can get out and get loads of shots:thumb:

It's great fun experimenting. I wish I was lucky enough to have someone buy me a lens for my birthday :( Look forward to seeing some pics from you shortly!

congrats on the new cam :)

Congratulations and welcome to the DSLR world. As the other have said the ebst way to learn is to practice, get out there and take some pictures, use the different settings and remeber that, because it is digital it costs you nothing.

When you get stuck pop back and we'll do our best to help you out :)

congratulations on the new camera,now go and enjoy :thumb:

minimeeze said:
It's great fun experimenting. I wish I was lucky enough to have someone buy me a lens for my birthday :( Look forward to seeing some pics from you shortly!

if our numbers come up on the lottery, we'll get you a Nikon fisheye lens ...or two :thumb:

Back