yay or Nay?

cannockwolf

<span class="poty">POTY (Joint) 2016</span>
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
I have been looking at all the 'street' photos lately and i like the style, i know these are not 'street' as such but i am trying to understand how to make 'people' photos interesting.

Do these work, or am i on the wrong track? I believe they show interest or a story, i find them interesting but do you?

Thanks for your help and guidance :)

Telford_Expo_1965.jpg

mom.jpg

The mum and child pic is great but you have exposed off the lamp I think which makes the people look dark and under exposed. Otherwise the composition is lovely, tells a story :)

i didnt want to blow the light out, but did bring the darks up in LR, i quite like the look though :)

I really like the second - you can see the contact between the two of them and I think you've done a great job of bringing them out of the darks.

I'm not sure what the first one is about? Theatre of some sort - it's interesting but I really don't know what to make of it.

they are at an expo in Telford and dress up like Japanese characters in comics and cartoons, quite bizarre tbh LOL

The second shot shows some interaction and that in turn tells some sort of story and pulls in the viewer. With the first shot, there are some interesting elements there but no-one is interacting with anyone else in the shot, or with the camera.

The really crucial thing about these shots is getting the timing just right and that is alot to do with practice. :)

thanks for the input dazzajl, i appreciate the advice :)

In the first one the speaker's body language and slightly open mouth adds dynamism to the picture, the child on the left is looking at the speaker but the child in the centre is looking away to the left and my eye wants to move out of the picture to see what she is looking at. I think if you could have caught both children looking at the speaker it would have worked really well.
I don't like the fact that the feet are cut off.

The 2nd works well IMO. I love the close eye contact between the subjects, it feels like I'm breaking in on an intimate moment. Regarding the lighting, in this case I think the lighting for me is close to spot on. I might experiment with a bit more lighteing because I like to see a sparkle in the eye, but it may be that it's best as you already have it. Personal choice here I think.

I like them both, the first one is close but the second gets the cigar :)

thanks for your thoughts, this is the original but i lost a lot straightening

Telford_Expo-1965.jpg

they are at an expo in Telford and dress up like Japanese characters in comics and cartoons, quite bizarre tbh LOL

Its called Cosplay.

Isnt bizzare really, its just a convention of sorts for people who enjoy Manga and Anime to meet.

Hell my hair looks this fella lol.. ^^

grimmjow_jeagerjaques.jpg

And im getting it dyed again in a few weeks back to black for this guy's hair style..

L-now-then.jpg

For the curious.

Guy no.1 is Grimmjow Jaquerjack from BLEACH
Guy no.2 is Lawliet "L" Ryuzaki from Death Note

Last edited:
Yeah I guess it is very subjective, Depends on your tastes ect, and where your from partially.

My hair atm is attracting attention in the public library im typing from at this very minute. and this keyboard is creaky as ****. also annoying people to hell!

My hair atm is attracting attention in the public library im typing from at this very minute. and this keyboard is creaky as ****. also annoying people to hell!

:LOL:

Last edited:
ive been reading all the threads on street eagerly, just hoping i can replicated what i see., thanks for the links anyway pipe :)

Back