Yay!!!!!

GfK

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
As some of you might be aware, I did a National Certificate for Door Supervisors course a couple of weeks back. The course is split into two units, each two days long. We got through the first unit in two and a half hours, then the first of two exams at the end of it, so I was a bit worried about this one.

Spoke to the guy at the training firm a couple of hours ago - he said the results came in this morning. He told me I got 36/40 on Unit 2 (needed 24/40 to pass), and I convinced meself he was telling me my Unit 2 result first because I'd failed the first one. :hissyfit:

He said he couldn't put his hands on the Unit 1 results sheet just now so couldn't tell me my score other than it was "very high".

So, I passed!! :woot: :beer:

Have to find £190 application fee now (which is kinda sorted) and apply for my SIA badge which should take about six weeks. Then I can start work again!!

Its a fairly major career change - had office/IT jobs for nearly ten years and there's no way I'm doing that again ever. Completely had enough of it for one lifetime. If I get a desk job I'll be getting about £6/hour. Don't have any qualifications to speak of and its always held me back. This way I'll never have to work for much less than double that.

I wanna get sooooo drunk just now. :)

:woot: :woot:

So...are we all on the list or not...?
And are my trainers all right?

I dont want to go in any club that lets my sort in! Well done!

oh hello Praxis - lovely Avatar you have there...grrr...Jeri Ryan...
Voyager was T0$$ til she came on board...

Congrats :)

Hello Arkady! your right she`s a cracker! (I would`nt throw her out of bed!)

You couldn't - she'd beat the cr*p out of you if you tried...

Congrats Gfk, hope it all works out for you in the new career:thumb:

Well done GfK :clap: I used to teach on those courses when they first started. Done properly it's a very responsible job. Wishing you good luck.

regards

well done mate :thumb:

Glad to see there is some light shining for you, from what must have seemed like a very long tunnel of despair. Positive thinking from now on will keep you from revisiting the past few months.

Oh! And keep your calm when dealing with all the R-SOLES…..I’m sick of being chucked out!

It takes a keen person to do that job, so well done, so i pressume your 9ft 3 and build like the great wall of china then :D

barrymoir said:
It takes a keen person to do that job, so well done, so i pressume your 9ft 3 and build like the great wall of china then :D
Well, something like that. I can be seen from space... :laugh1:

Well done! That job requires a great deal of restraint and responsibility. Having seen the complete morons these guys deal with and the worst excesses of some 'doormen', it's nice to see that proper qualifications are required now for the job.

Sorry, but what's a National Certificate for Door Supervisors ?

Congratulations anyway! :D

A scheme basically set up to rid the town / city centres of the 'thug' type bouncers who you may have come across some years back. Bring a more professional approach to door supervising. In all fairness though they were a minority but I reckon they gave the whole profession a bad name.

Congratulations Gfk its always difficult to move into a diffrent field of work from what your used to :thumb:

When do you get your bomber jacket and dicky bow ?? ;)

Sorry, your names not down :hand:.....Well Done!!

Back