Ye Old Acle Straight! - Light trails.

Name
Toby
Edit My Images
Yes
Evening all,

Well me and Damien (Slimbert) headed out on wednesday to try light trails. Damien has done this before however it was my first attempt... So all comments and critisms very much welcome, that meaning the good, the bad and ugly! And Cheers Damien for a good night! :D

4910004358_6e041dcf8d_z.jpg

4910005506_8d0f2c4b7d_z.jpg

Like I mentioned, ALL C&C welcome!

The second one for me Toby, the reds look better and it's less busy. Very good image.

both are awesome well done! i like the first one personally

Thanks everyone... Nice to see a difference in preference with reasons! Cheers. :)

I love the first one. It's common to see trhe kind of treatment in the second with the strong colours and contrast - I have many like this as well. However the first one is a real double take with the darkness and natural light in the sky in one shot. It has a very natural look to it evocative of early morning drives.

i like the 1st one better too. The composition is better, and there's more of interest in it. :)

No point starting a whole new thread just for my effort, sorry for highjacking your thread Toby! (y)

19mm, ISO100, f8, 30 seconds
IMG_9276a.jpg

Hmmm, I like elements of both.

The trails in the first are the better of the two for me as there is a little colour variation in the trails of the cars heading away rather than the usual 'all red' we normally see in trail shots.

That said, the dead space top left in the first draws me to prefer the second as there is a little more detail in the sky across the frame.

I'm wondering if a bold crop on the first (perhaps to a square frame) would lose some of the dead space from the left of frame and give it a better balance :shrug:

Toby / Damien,

I like them both - I particularly like the fact that there was still enough light to leave some detail in the sky - and that you are picking up the greens in the verges / central reservations.

Toby - prefer the second one, mainly as there are stronger red tail lights which help to balance the picture more.......

A few minor distractions in both - particularly the signs - yes I know they are there and are part of the photo, but i've taken the liberty of editing them out of Damien's image (only as Toby has the red cross on his editing bit.......) to see what it looks like without them..........

aclebypass.jpg

shame about the lorry / bus coming towards you that has put that one light streak over the verge - but that can easily disappear as well..........(if needs be!)

Last edited:
I never gave you permission to edit one of my photos :annoyed: If I catch you doing it again, I'll break both your legs.....again!! :bat:

Good shout about the road sign though....(y)

Hm,
are you sure it's the Acle straight ?
looks more like the Acle bypass, taken from the bridge
JM

It is - looking up towards Norwich - but hardly matters does it.

Easy tiger,
I was just trying to work out where it was taken, and I live near there.
The thread title is perhaps a bit of a “leg pull” (no pun intended).
JM

Easy tiger,
I was just trying to work out where it was taken, and I live near there.
The thread title is perhaps a bit of a “leg pull” (no pun intended).
JM

Sorry John, it just sounded a bit more catchier than "A47 light-trails".

The box is unticked now Lynton if you still want to have a play with mine! :naughty:

OH and come on Damien... No need to hijack my thread! Was there really any need? :bat: :D

Last edited:
Back