Year of the tiger

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
Went to talk at Blackpool zoo, on tiger conservation. Hear is a photo of latest addition Zanbar and a few others taken this weekend.

Zanbar - Male Amur Tiger:
zanbar1.jpg

On back ready for tummy tickle:
zanbar2.jpg

Sleepy lioness:
lion1.jpg

lion2.jpg

King of the jungle:
lion3.jpg

Expectant lion cub:
lion4.jpg

Some nice shot there, shame about the cage being in view in the first few. It looks like the white balance is slighty out on these shots and if you boost the contract a bit in the shot it might help them a bit. (y)

Cheers Macky. It was a pretty terrible day, grey & drizzle (rain) and almost dark. So I admit they are a bit on cool side.

Was using iso 800 At 2pm in th afternoon and only able to achieve 1/100 sec exposure at f8 (f8 needed to give any degree of sharpness out of my 20 yr old cheapo Sigma 75-300DL).

The pics have had levels adjustment, tiny increase in contrast and a smidgeon of unsharp mask thats all.

The tiger is new to zoo and not completely settled in, when he gets a bit braver i'm hoping yo get some nice portraits without bars.

Cheers Macky. It was a pretty terrible day, grey & drizzle (rain) and almost dark. So I admit they are a bit on cool side.

Was using iso 800 At 2pm in th afternoon and only able to achieve 1/100 sec exposure at f8 (f8 needed to give any degree of sharpness out of my 20 yr old cheapo Sigma 75-300DL).

The pics have had levels adjustment, tiny increase in contrast and a smidgeon of unsharp mask thats all.

The tiger is new to zoo and not completely settled in, when he gets a bit braver i'm hoping yo get some nice portraits without bars.

Looks like you have done a good job under the conditions then (y)

Very nice shots love the Lion portraits:)
I find getting the white balance tricky this time of year too, do you shoot Raw ?it makes it easy to get the colour right:)

Very nice shots love the Lion portraits:)
I find getting the white balance tricky this time of year too, do you shoot Raw ?it makes it easy to get the colour right:)

Shoot raw+jpg. These were just the jpg's "tickled" quickly in elements.

Adjusted raw image for white balance, have reduced saturation as looked a little too much. What do you think? More "lion coloured" but doesn't reflect conditions it was taken in.

DSC_2414b.jpg

Back