Yellow flower

:) I do like Snapdragons . . . and does this mean that you've got a new camera now? :banana:

Lovely sharp image and given that it looks like it was shot in strong sunlight you've managed the exposure well to balance the highlights and shadows.
On the downside though, I'm not very keen on the composition.
It's very central in the frame, and while I think I can see what you were aiming for with the road and hedge still visible in the background, it doesn't quite work for me. IMO it would have been better if you'd managed to position it so that the transition line from grey to green didn't cut through the flower.

:) I do like Snapdragons . . . and does this mean that you've got a new camera now? :banana:

Lovely sharp image and given that it looks like it was shot in strong sunlight you've managed the exposure well to balance the highlights and shadows.
On the downside though, I'm not very keen on the composition.
It's very central in the frame, and while I think I can see what you were aiming for with the road and hedge still visible in the background, it doesn't quite work for me. IMO it would have been better if you'd managed to position it so that the transition line from grey to green didn't cut through the flower.

Yes sarah I have a new canon body now

Hi Mandy i agree with the composition comment from Sarah but apart from that the subject is sharp, colours look good and the DOF is nice.:)

I quite like it but the colours of the flower don't stand out enough over the background for me to really like it. Maybe it's because the green part of the flower is over some green bushes/hedges? Guess if the whole flower was yellow then it would stand out a lot more over the green :)

Im afraid Im not too keen on the bg :shrug: maybe get some A4 cards, I have 7 or 8 different colour to add some blandness to the BG and isolate the subject, they work for me

Les (y)

Back